"Where's your boyfriend, by the way?" It was Lisa again.

I playfully punch her in the arm.

"You know he's not my boyfriend."

"Why is that again?" Everybody chuckled at Lisa including myself.

"I'll see you guys later." I chose not to rebuke what she said and bid my goodbye.

"They look fun." Claire was applying sunscreen to her body and gave it to me and gestured for me to apply some on her back.

"Yeah, they are. I'll introduce you later to them."

I removed my shirt and did the same, Claire did my back.

"Remove your shorts." She ordered.

As I stood up to remove it, my eyes automatically scanned the place and saw half of the people looking at me. Thank god with my sunglasses, they weren't able to see the embarrassment in my eyes but not Claire.

"What did I tell you? You have a gorgeous body, my dear, why are you so embarrassed to show it? If I have that..." She pointed at my body from up to down.

"... I'll be naked all the time. Go to work, naked. Jogging, naked. Cooking, naked. All day, every day, naked." 

I burst into laughter and it actually helps a little to my confidence. I ignored the stares and continued to apply the sunscreen to my legs.

"Let's go?" Claire held out her hand for me.

I was about to take them when my eyes flew to the woman almost in front of me.

Emerging from the water, with the black bikini, she looked like a goddess brought to life. Little water droplets clung to her skin, shining in the sunlight. Her brown hair was wet and wavy, framing her face in a beachy kind of beauty.

Her eyes had a mysterious sparkle like they held secrets from the ocean. Rosy cheeks gave her a fresh, sun-kissed glow. She had this way of moving that was both strong and graceful as if she could dance with the waves.

Every step she took left a loud beating in my chest. Her eyes focused on me, and everybody seemed to disappear, suddenly, it was just me and her, everything else didn't matter.

As she gets closer, with the sun behind her making it look like she is a walking silhouette, my nerves twirl like a whirlwind in my chest. My palms feel suddenly clammy. Each heartbeat becomes an impatient drumroll and my mind gets all jumbled up.

I was pulled out of my trance when I saw her corner lips, twitched, smirking probably on my reaction. I cleared my throat before removing my sunglasses and averting my eyes.

Alex sat on the beach chair just beside mine.

Oh, lucky me!

"Staring is rude, Greene." I heard her say. She took her towel and patted herself.

"I- I was not... I was... I didn't."

"Yeah, right!" Sarcastically, Alex chuckled and ignored me the next.

I felt Claire tugging my hand and not letting me respond. We headed to the water but I can't help to look back and I was so glad I did as I just caught her checking out my ass.

But she didn't show any embarrassment like I did. Like it was normal and what I did was not.

"Did you know you drooled a little?" Claire said when we were already in the water. I stared at her blankly.

"I told you, she should be the one drooling and not you, Cara." She continues to scold me.

"I was... I was just... surprised to see her. And, and, it's the first time I saw her in a bikini and it was..."

"Oh my God, Cara! You are so whipped!" 

"I was not!" I splash her with the water.

"You so are!" She splashes back.

We stayed in the water for almost 30 minutes before we decided to head back to our chairs.

Alex was still beside mine but lying down on her stomach. Her bikini top was undone so her bare back was exposed.

I swallowed what seemed to be a big lump in my throat staring down her back, she was obviously working on her tan while perv scenarios running through my mind.

Claire saw that I was staring so she tapped my shoulder a little bit hard and made me remove my gaze.

As I sat, I gave her a last glance and saw that her eyes were closed, she probably drifted to sleep.

She looks so beautiful.