Hang Out

will pov

The school day was finally over. It was just one more class after lunch. I am now at my locker with George and Savannah.

"So, anything new happen between you and Shelby?" Savannah teases.

"Nope." I answer and close my locker. "And nothing ever will. It's not gonna happen guys."

"Will, just go ask her out. Or just to hang out. Do something!" George whisper-shouts.

I sigh. "Just drop it guys."

"No." Savannah states, annoyed, and walks away. I had a strong feeling what she was about to do and I chase after her.

Right as she turned the corner, I was stopped. By fucking Ashley! Can she just go away? Maybe if I pour water on her she'll melt...

"Hey Will." She flirtatiously said. "Do you wanna come over later today? I would love to get to know you better." I gag on the inside.

"No thank you. Now if you'll excuse me, I have somewhere to go." I try to walk past her, but she shoves me back.

"Can we skip this playing hard to get charade? I obviously like you and you like me, so just say it."

"I'm sorry if you got the wrong idea or if I said anything to make you think that, but I certainly do not like you like that." She gasps.

"I bet it's that nerd girl." I roll my eyes. Here we go. "What is it about her that I don't have?! I'm way prettier." Nope. "Way funnier." Please. "Nicer." PFT. "And I'm popular. What more could you want! We deserve each other!"

"Ashley. Can we talk about this another time? Like I said before, I have somewhere to be." She scoffs and struts away in her high heels.

I continue running in the direction where Savannah had gone. I, of course, didn't see her, since there was an ugly obstactle that stopped me. So I headed where she definitely was going.

Shelby's locker. And, to my shock, she was there!

"Oh look. He's finally here. Hope you guys have fun!" Savannah smiles, waves, and walks away.

"Uhm, hi." I clear my throat and lean against the lockers next to her. "So what exactly did Savannah say?"

"She told me that you wanted to hang out...but I'm guessing you didn't actually." She gives me a small smile and closes her locker. "It's fine."

"No no. Wait. I actually did want to hang out. I just didn't want her to tell you. Sorry." She laughs.

"Was the William Gold scared?" She teases.

"What? No...I just- me? Scared. Oh please. Never in a million years." I say.

"Uhuh. Sure. So, what did you wanna do?"

"Maybe just some coffee? School drained all the energy out of me." I suggest.

She nods. "That sounds great. Do you wanna walk or have me drive?"

"If you don't mind, driving would be better. I know a good coffee shop but it would be like a 30 minute or so walk." I tell her.

"I wouldn't have offered if I didn't want to. It's just in the students parking lot so we should go out the other school doors." I nod and follow her as she walks away.

"Soooooo-" I drag.

"Soooooo-" She mimics.

"I was trying to find words for it so don't mock me." She laughs and I mentally pat myself on the back. "What I was trying to say is, sorry for what happened at lunch. I know you heard Ashley because she was basically shouting."