3

Adamawa
Nigeria
8:00 am.

haba Alhaji meye haka? (Alhaji what is all this)?...
you have been worrying yourself about this girl since she left this town. Fatima isn't a child she is grown up and I believe she is happy over there. Hajiya Mairo said sitting closer to her husband on the couch.

Mairo I don't know but I just have weird feelings that Jannatu is not fine. Alhaji Umar said worriedly.
Alhaji I know. maybe you missed her. you should just call her and talk to her. Hajiya Mairo suggested.

Alhaji or you should send Ibrahim to check on her. Hajiya Mairo said.
Hmm okay, I hope Hajiya will be convinced. Alhaji Umar said.
I will go to her apartment and talk to her later. Alhaji Umar said to his wife.

Alhaji let's go to the dining so that you will have your breakfast before you leave for work that you refused to hand it over to Ahmad.
Alhaji! Ahmad is grown up. he is 29. It's been four years since he finished his studies and yet unemployed. Hajiya Mairo said to her husband.

Mario, I will only trust Ahmad with my company/property when he has changed. Alhaji Umar said.
Alhaji this boy needs our prayer but if you keep pressurising him he won't change.

Alhaji, Ahmad is not a thief, he has never raped any girl in this town? he only built his life on lies and deceit.
but Alhaji you should know that Ahmad is the only one who can obey us including his grandmother apart from Fatima. Hjiya Mairo said sincerely.

dije! dije!... Yusuf called entering the kitchen.
Khadija are you crazy? what the hell is wrong with you? Yusuf yells. he ran to the gas cooker and quickly turned it off.

I'm doomed. Khadija muttered silently looking at her brother who was throwing a dagger her way with his eyes.
all of Alhaji Umar Faruk's children love each other.
Maimuna is the firstborn. She is married with four children.

Yusuf the second born. he is in a relationship though staggering. he works in tingle firm group.
Ahmad the third born. he is also single. he is grumpy but sometimes friendly. not his father's favourite though.

Fatima is the fourth born. she is the iron lady of the house. she never accepts defeat no matter how bad the situation is.
she is her father's favourite though he named her after his mom.
Khadija is the last born. Mummy's pet.

Khadija who are you chatting with that you forget you are cooking? haven't I warned you not to be coming to the kitchen with your phone? Yusuf thundered.
I'm sorry Ya Yusuf. Khadija apologized ducking her head.

dije what took you so long to prepare breakfast? Hajiya Mairo said walking to the kitchen.
Subahanallah! Hajiya Mairo said immediately the smell of burnt food wafts closer to her nostrils.
Khadija what have you done? Hajiya Mairo asks entering the kitchen.

Ummi, your daughter has burnt the food. she was busy chatting with her boyfriend. Thank God I was quick to reach the kitchen else she would have set the entire house ablaze. Yusuf said with a hiss and stride out of the kitchen.

dije I warned you several times to always keep your phone in your room while coming to the kitchen. this is not how your sisters were when they were in this house. I don't know where you learn this bad habit from.

Thank God it's not your Grandma that comes here else you will be in trouble. you know how problematic she is because of her old age. Hajiya Mairo said angrily.