Chapter 5 - Interlude (II)

(Karina POV)
"So Appa found out who you were based on your scream alone?" Gyeoul said incredulously, as she and I finished picking out the ingredients for soft tofu stew.

"Yes my dear," I said, patting her on her head as we made our way to find Y/N and Minjeong, finding the two of them looking at some ice cream near the freezer section.

"Minjeong, what are you and Appa looking at?" said Gyeoul, pretending not to know what they were doing.

"Unnie! Appa said he'll treat us to ice cream when we go home!" Minjeong said excitedly, running over to hug me as Y/N got up, looking slightly bewildered by Minjeong's statement.

"Y/N did you say such a thing?" I asked, smirking slightly as I see his flustered face, knowing that he would have to do what he said, always teaching our daughters that one has to be responsible for what they say. It didn't help that Minjeong had my eyes, and if there's one thing that I'm sure of, is that Y/N couldn't say no to Minjeong using her puppy dog eyes.

"Of course dear," said Y/N, patting Minjeong on her head. "I'm gonna treat you, your Unnie, and Omma to ice cream when we go home!" he proceeds to squish her cheeks, making her squeal in excitement.

"Oh yeah Y/N, Gyeoul and I are done buying the ingredients for dinner tonight, we can go check out now," I said.

"OMMO! I really enjoyed watching your latest drama!" the lady manning the cashier said to Y/N as we paid for our groceries.

"Thank you for the support for my drama! I hope that you enjoy watching it!" he says, shyly as he was hoping not to be recognized today.

"Your daughters are so pretty too!"

To this, Gyeoul's face went red from shyness, whereas Minjeong was just happily humming a tune to herself, waiting with me.

"Minjeong, come and say thanks to Auntie here!" I say, lightly nudging Minjeong, to which she bows slightly, saying thank you (cutely) to the cashier.

~~~

(Timeskip) (Y/N POV)

As we got home, I set about cooking dinner, as Jimin went to help Minjeong with cleaning the dining room.

"Appa?" I heard Gyeoul ask me, from where she was helping me cut some vegetables.

"Yes, dear?" I asked, turning to face her from the condiments shelf.

"Omma was telling me about how you and her first met, right?"

"What about it?"

"What did you guys give each other? As per the first mission card you guys received?" she asked me excitedly.

"I'll tell you about it when we eat dinner okay dear? I don't want you to cut your fingers by accident."

"Aw please Appa? Not even a spoiler?"

"Nope, young lady, as I've taught you many times: patience is a virtue. Now are you done cutting the vegetables?"

"Yeah."

"Could you go help set up the table? I'll be done in around 10 minutes."

'Of course Appa!"

~~~

(dinner time)

As we started to eat dinner, all was quiet except for the soft jazz playing in the background via our speaker until Gyeoul spoke up.

"Appa, can you tell me what you got for Omma back then now? Please?" she asked.

"Okay dear, just don't forget to eat while you're listening okay?"

"Yes sir!"

(To be continued...)