Chapter 1

Elle's POV

"GET UP, HON. IT'S COLLEGE TIME!" I opened my eyes slowly, cringing at the loud shouting. I sighed, wishing Kevin was less of a morning person.

"Kevin, be quiet. And stop jumping on my bed." I rolled my eyes at his obnoxious behavior. For an eighteen year old, he sure was a child.

Kevin and I have been best friends for four years. We both needed to escape our families in Maryland, and got accepted at the same college in Washington state. We decided to fly out a day before enrollment so we could have some downtime before settling in our dorms. We pooled our money and rented a room at some cheap motel a few miles from campus. This wasn't the first time we'd slept in the same room, but the few times it had happened, it was always platonic.

"Damn girl, someone's feeling salty this morning. Oh, maybe it's that time of the month. AGHH." Kevin shouted because I jumped on him and whacked him with a pillow.

With Kevin still grumbling about how grouchy I was, I trudged to the small bathroom. I brushed my teeth and turned on the shower. Before I jumped in the steamy water, I noticed a drop of red in my pee. Guess Kev was right, I thought irritably.

In addition to my dislike of mornings, getting ready has always taken me forever. My shower took thirty minutes. Applying all of my makeup required a solid fifteen minutes, especially on days like that one where I wore eyeliner. My hair took a minimum of twenty minutes, since it fell past my large boobs, and I decided to curl it most days. I walked out of the bathroom, naked, in search of a good outfit. Kevin has seen me naked before, but it has never mattered. We have always been almost as close as siblings.

I dug a light pad out of my suitcase along with a pair of Calvin Klein boxer briefs, a peach dress that hugged my ample curves, and a tan bra. I started dressing, and Kevin grinned when he saw the pad. I threw a peach-colored kitten heel at him and giggled when I heard him grunt.

When I was fully dressed, Kevin and I packed our bags, and brought them to the lobby. We called a cab and bought coffees from the Starbucks next to the motel. I noticed how much better the quality of Starbucks was in its founding state. When the cab arrived, we loaded it with our bags, and climbed in.

The ride was filled with a nervous silence. Kevin and I were both absorbed in our college thoughts. Neither of us anticipated how much college would change us.