Persuasive

Raven closed her door, making sure to lock it behind her. Taking a deep breath, she started walking to the park. The same park Beast- Gar took her on their first date, and the same park where she kissed him for the first time on their fourth date. She shook her head to clear her thoughts.

She shouldn't be thinking about how depressed all of her emoticlones got after she shut them out. Happy was almost always silent, Timid was always bawling and giving her depressing thoughts, Knowledge was informing her of how many mistakes she had made since then, Bravery had lost some of her fire, Anger was a very rare feeling, and Affection. She hadn't talked to anyone since then, not even Raven herself.

Raven looked at where she ended up. The large Weeping Willow in the center of the park stood before her, completely deserted besides herself. She went through the leaves and sat against the trunk of the old tree. A few minutes (or was it hours?) passed by, Raven not moving, just sitting and being thankful for the break from the onslaught of guilt. She didn't notice the rustle of leaves, or heavy footsteps, until the man said something.

"Oh, I'm not used to people being here." She looked, still relishing in the emotionless state she had spent so many years wishing for. The young man she ran into the other day, Gar, was there. And just like that, her emotionless state was gone. She stood.

"I'm sorry, you don't have to leave. Do I know you from somewhere?" She looked into his green eyes, noting that was the only thing his holoring didn't change. His eyes pierced her, and gave her that same feeling it did years ago.

"I'm Rachel. Rachel Roth." He smiled.

"You remind me of someone, someone very important to me..." She looked away, the guilt consuming her and making her throat close up.

"I know she must have been important Garfield..." He looked at her, his sharp eyes looking at her in shock, excitement, and anger.

"Rae...?" She sighed and took the ring off her finger and her skin took it's grey tint. Her hair literally drained of the dye, turning the same color as her eye. Before him stood Raven, ex-Teen Titan, his ex-girlfriend.

"Rae.." He repeated softly, then his voice hardened.

"Raven, you left us, left me, disappeared, avoid us for years, then lie to me. Why? Why did you leave me right after I got you?" She couldn't take the pain in his words.

"Because I felt like I had no other choice! I've spent all these years in the constant guilt and regret that I ran! I know that you guys would've helped me, you would've supported me and helped me through it. But I let my doubts block reason!" Gar stared.

"Come with me to the Titans reunion. You can explain yourself to everyone you hurt at once." She didn't bother arguing, not that she wanted to argue with him.

"You always have been very persuasive Gar."

*********

I just want to apologize for the wait, I've been a little depressed and that makes it harder to write, but I love how much support I've gotten. I may not know all of you personally, but every one of you mean a lot to me. Thank you so much if you've taken time out of your life to read this far.