005

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐄𝐀 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐀𝐓

 AFTER VALERIE had dropped Nancy home she made her way towards the hunting shop grabbing the money the girl had stolen from her mothers purse before heading inside "Hello Miss" A man in his 50s said to Valerie "Hi" Valerie said as she walked towards the counter "What's your best bow?" Valerie asks the man who walks into the room behind the counter bringing out a bow "Do you want to test it first?" The man asks "Yeah, sure" Valerie says as she watches the man grab out a few arrows before coming around the counter.

  The man showed Valerie show to shoot before handing it to the girl, Valerie took a deep breath before shooting the arrow hitting the board "I'll take it" Valerie said to the man "Come on inside and we can do the transaction" The man said as both him and Valerie walked back into his shop "I can give you a discount" The man said as Valerie took out the money "$50" The man said as Valerie pulled out $60 "Keep the 10" Valerie said as she watched the man pack it up into a bag with a shoulder strap and two packs of arrows "Have fun hunting" He said to Valerie before she opened the door, closing it behind her.

  The next morning was Will's funeral Valerie was in her room putting on her converses, tying the laces when Dustin walks into the room "Can I have some help?" Dustin asks as he hands Valerie his tie "Come here" Valerie said as she did Dustin's tie before taking him into a hug before standing up "You ready to go?" Valerie asked "Yeah, lets go" Dustin says as the two walk down the stairs before exiting their house and heading towards Valerie's car.

  Dustin stood in front of Valerie as the girl stood next to Nancy watching the funeral. Valerie spotted Will and Jonathon's dad in the front row in between Jonathon and Joyce.

   Valerie, Nancy and Jonathon sat on the floor together looking at a small map with red X's on "This is where we know for sure it's been, right?" Jonathon's says "So that's.." Valerie says "Steve's house and that's the woods where they found Will's bike and that's my house" Jonathon tells the two girls as he points to the different X's "It's all so close" Nancy tells them "Yeah. Exactly I mean, it's all within a mile or something" Jonathon says to the girls "Whatever this things is, it's.. it's not traveling far" Valerie tells them, noticing the patterens.

  "You want to go out there" Nancy says "We might not find anything" Jonathons says "I found something" Nancy tells them "And if we do see it... then what?" Nancy asks "We kill it" Valerie and Jonathon say at the same time.

  Nancy and Jonathon walk over to a car while Valerie walks over towards her car and pops her trunk pulling out the bag before walking over to Nancy and Jonathon seeing the boy put a box of ammo in his coat pocket.

  The three end up at the Wheelers home where the three got changed into something more practical. Thankfully, Valerie had some extra clothes in her trunk, changing into them when the two girls got to Nancy's.