"Hurry." Sara instructed, walking through the files room quickly.

"Now I'll be sure to go extra slow." Emma muttered as she combed through the files, quickly finding the one they were looking for. "Got it."

XXX

As they approached their exit, the three women tucked their caps under their right arm, as was protocol. Emma held hers closer to her side, protecting the file as well.

"This is a restricted exit." They were told sternly as they tried to walk by.

"Sorry, we must've gotten lost." Kendra excused them, stopped by reinforcements once she'd taken a step closer.

"I'm going to need to see your key card, ma'am." The three all glanced at each other with knowing looks-if they were going to get out of here, they needed to fight their way out.

XXX

Rip stood on one end of the computer in the center of the bridge, blankly staring at his group of 'legends,' all situated across from him. His ideal idea for the mission had gone out the window, or the roof, quite literally.

"Instead of dwelling on what went wrong, let's focus on the positive." Ray suggested, his hands nervously fidgeting.

"There is no positive, Ray." Emma deadpanned, lightly but repeatedly banging her head on the back of her seat.

"What are you talking about? It was awesome." Mick retorted, already reminiscing the sweet satisfaction he felt when he was able to light a room on fire.

"In the same way that tsunamis, earthquakes, and other natural disasters are 'awesome.'" Martin shot back, agitated in more ways than one.

"We got the file on Savage." Kendra recalled, trying to calm the room.

"Despite the hiccup with the alarm?" Stein glanced back at his nuclear partner, clearly annoyed.

"Oh, so it's my fault now? You know, maybe if you weren't always yammering away in my head, I could actually focus."

Rip shook his head as the two continued to bicker. "You have access to 60 years of knowledge and experience. Why not just take advantage of that?"

"Because it's my body on the line out there, not yours."

"Hey, it's not your fault. Everything would've been fine if Big Bird over here hadn't freaked out." Sara assured Jax, annoyedly glancing at Kendra from the corner of her eye.

"Excuse me?"

"Enough!" Rip finally interjected. "There is plenty of blame to go around. Now, fortunately, Gideon was able to generate a low-end EMP, which erased all the Pentagon's magnetic media."

"Like security footage?"

"Look, you're just lucky that the department of defense likes to keep incidents like this under wraps. Gideon, any luck with our purloined secret file? Please say yes."

"Yes, Captain. According to the Pentagon, Savage has defected to the Soviet Union."

"So the most powerful evil the world has ever known has just gone red at the height of the Cold War." Martin summed up.

"And now he's gonna help them cook up something that kills the future."

"Gideon, set a course..." Rip instructed eerily. "For the Soviet Union."

XXX

The waverider was unusually quiet post crash landing in Soviet Russia, so when someone knocked on the door to Emma's room, she'd naturally assumed it was Rip, giving her a mission of sorts.