white knights...

Washington DC, 1986

"That wasn't so bad now, was it?"

"Walk in the park." Leonard shot the captain, whose back was facing the group, a sarcastic smile.

"So, where are we now?" Emma less than happily muttered, gripping her head tightly as she rested her elbow on one of knees.

"Washington DC, the year is 1986."

Martin stood up delicately. "We've landed at the height of the Cold War in a world poised for nuclear annihilation."

Unprompted, Gideon's hologram appeared in the center of the bridge. "We've traveled here because I have a new lead on Vandal Savage's location."

"Yes, Gideon managed to intercept this telefax concerning Savage's last known whereabouts." Rip better explained, displaying the document across the devices.

"Tele-what?" Jax questioned, taking a step closer to the screen.

"It's like an email...on paper." Ray answered, peeling his eyes off of the screen to do so.

"Wow, that's totally useless." Mick observed the mostly black riddled paper.

"Dude, the whole thing's crossed out." Both Jax and Mick were correct, as the majority of the confidential paper had been covered in black ink.

"Yeah, redacted by the US government, which is why we are here to steal the original file on Savage back from those who are tracking him." Rip explained quickly, moving towards the large window on the bridge, and quite literally scaring the shit out of everyone else as they realized exactly where they were.

"Uh, that's the..." Ray lacked the words to finish his sentence.

"Now, now, don't worry, we are cloaked." Rip assured the team, all in their own version of shock, stared at The Pentagon.

"You want us to break into The Pentagon?" Mick asked rhetorically, knowing the answer to the question before he even spoke. "Sounds awesome."

"It sounds crazy." Kendra responded.

One by one, everyone refocused their attention on Rip. "What's the plan?"

"Oh, the fabricator will fashion you the necessary Pentagon credentials."

"Ooh, and don't forget our G-man disguises." Ray smiled contentedly. "I always wanted to be a spy." Ray's awkward comment was the silent command for the team to leave. One by one, leaving using all three exits, the team had departed. That was apart from Emma.

"Is there a problem, Miss Palmer?"

"Just do me a solid, don't put me with Sara on missions anymore."

"Miss Palmer, I don't know what quarrel has arisen between you and Miss Lance, and I don't necessarily care, but this is becoming a bothersome issue for the team. If this doesn't go our way, I lose everything. And I don't plan to let that happen because you and Miss Lance refuse to play nice with each other. So, whatever the problem is, solve it."

"A strong dislike of one another?" Emma rebutled.

"Just go!" He raised his voice slightly, gesturing to an exit.

"Sir yes sir." Emma snobbily saluted her captain, leisurely strolling out of the bridge.

XXX

Rip had ignored Emma, and due to her tone as she spoke to him, he had decided to put Emma and Sara together for the foreseeable future. Almost like a parent grounding their teenager for breaking curfew. Except, Emma wasn't a teenager, and Rip certainly wasn't in charge of her. Still, Emma played nice, walking stiffly through the Pentagon, Kendra and Sara on either side of her. Snart, dressed as a janitor beside Ray, extended his arm out slightly, just enough for Sara to take the key card out of his hand. They walked by as though nothing had happened, making their way to the security clearance room they needed to get to. Sara swiped the card calmly, finally granting them access.