pilot, part two...

Norway, 1975

The waverider set down less than gracefully in the middle of a thick forest in the middle of Norway. Somehow, the unidentified flying object went unnoticed by the people of the town adjacent to them.

"And we've arrived." Rip spoke calmly to the people sitting behind him. This time travel wasn't nearly as chaotic as it was the first time, mostly because they didn't actually go through time. They were still in 1975, but were not better positioned to attack Savage where he was assumed to be that day in history. "Gideon, if you wouldn't mind camouflaging us as an alpine meadow, perhaps?"

Snart looked over to his short-tempered partner who was leaning over, clutching his head with his eyes wired shut. "What are you complaining about now? It's not like we time jumped."

"I hate flying, especially in..." Mick lightly gestured to the ship. "Whatever this thing is."

Carter ignored the remarks, focusing his attention on the man in the trench coat. "Where exactly are we?"

"We're still in 1975, right?" His partner added, looking at Rip with a similar intent.

"Indeed." Rip lifted the restraints off of his body, swiftly making his way to the parlor. "October 1975 on the fjords of Northern Norway."

"Sounds like a vacation." Snart commented as Rip dug through his files, looking for something.

"Which we can take as soon as the threat of Savage has been neutralized, Mr. Snart." Rip escaped with a small, burgundy book.

"That's Aldus' notebook." Carter quickly observed.

"Now he theorized that Savage might be here, and if he's right, and if we capture Savage, then at least Professor Boardman didn't die in vain." Rip only looked at the mourning couple sympathetically for a moment, before quickly moving on.

"Can't we just go back and save Aldus?" Kendra begged, her eyes glimmering with the small chance that Rip would actually say yes.

"He was our son." Carter added more realistically, seeing the truth of the matter.

Rip sighed heavily. His hands really were tied. "Look, I'm sorry. We can't go back and change events in which we participated. Time would fold in on itself, creating a temporal vortex."

"Which sounds way cooler than it is." Ray added, pulling the attention on himself for the moment.

"Forgetting physics for a second, shouldn't we figure out what Savage is doing in Norway?" Sara pointed out, walking around the computer, as far away from the other Palmer as possible. The action made Emma furrow her eyebrows, but clearly not making her speak up.

"According to Gideon, there's a large meeting of terrorists and fringe groups looking to buy illegal arms."

"Now that sounds like a vacation." Mick muttered, the last one still sitting in his seat.

"Arms dealers and terrorists aren't exactly our kind of people, but they're the next best thing." Snart spoke in his normal teasing fashion, smirking at Sara as he did so, the latter unresponsive to his attempts.

Emma had a grin of her own as she responded. "Well, looks like you and your lapdog get to earn your keep."

"I ain't nobody's lapdog, Short Stack." Mick grunted, not threatened at all by the non-imposing girl.

"So what exactly does one wear to a black market arms bizarre anyways?" Kendra asked, trying to cut a knife through the tension that had built up in the room.

"The waverider has a fabrication room which can fashion temporal-indigenous, well fashion." Rip responded casually, as if it were an everyday occurrence.