Chapter Forty Seven

Start from the beginning

When she gets home she'll check Huin first, then Meojin, followed by Keul, visit Yoongi in the headquarters and help him, file a case against the doctor, and talk to Jimin about Keul's stay in his place. Then when everything's done she'll grab a hold of her children.

"Mommy..." Her thoughts were interrupted.

"Keun" She stood up immediately and went towards Keun who was moving to sit up. "Mommy is here baby" Hara held him in her arms, kissing and rubbing his head.

"Mommy I want to go home" he felt uncomfortable in the room. His body seems heavy and the room is unfamiliar and tense. Keun grab a hold of his mother's coat and held it tightly, showing her how he dislikes his current condition. 

"Yes. We'll go home baby...once you're okay"

"I'm okay. I miss them..." referring to his siblings. 

"I miss them too. but before we can leave, we need to talk to your doctor and ask if you can go home with Mommy"

"Can you ask the doc later Mommy? I want to be with you" he was whispering. the voice cracked from the dryness of his throat. Hara broke her hug and pulled the drawer beside the hospital bed, pick up a water bottle and twist the lid open before giving it to Keun to drink.

"I will never leave you, baby, Mommy loves you so much that I will never do that" She watched Keun take two sips of water. 

"I love you much too Mommy"

"How are you feeling?"

"heavy...a-and tight, but I'm okay"

"That's great to know" she sighs in relief. Despite the times that her children have an allergic reaction, she still can't get accustomed to it, not that she has to. It's scary and it always leaves her to panic. 

"I'm scared Mommy, I don't want to not breath ever again" he sobbed, lips quivering as his once sparkling and mischievous eyes look shaky and lifeless. "It hurts and scary"

He began to cry loudly. Seeing Keun cry made her sorrowful. Her eyes were teary too but she have to hold it in. 

Catching her in her arms she patted her back, shushing her as she whisper comforting and soothing words to calm him down.

"I know baby, I know that you were scared and hurt, I'll promise you that you will never get to experience that again" his cries continue nothing the less. "You were brave back there. Mommy is always so proud of you"

"b-but I'm crying m-mommy....I-am not br-ave"

"Yes, you are. Crying is a part of being brave, so let it all out...just know that I'm here always no matter what happens. I won't let you experience it again"

________________________________________________________________________________

"M-mommy" Huin called out as he woke up from a horrendous nightmare where he was being swallowed by darkness and flashes of light that tightens his skin and throat. Tears blur his vision as the harsh beat of his heart returns when no one responded to his call. He's inside an unfamiliar environment, with cream walls, a rough ceiling, and a pearl-white tiled floor. There were a few pots of plants in the corner of the room, some children-themed posters hung in the walls to make the place child friendly. There was no one beside him. 

"Mommy" the boy sobbed after seeing no one in the room. There was no Hara. At that conclusion his thin lips quivered, eyes tightly closed shot as wrinkles near his eyes began to form. He took a deep breath and then wailed it all out as he cries for his mother. 

He's scared and alone. Like in his nightmare. 

Huin wondered if he was still inside of his dream because his mommy would never leave him like this. She's always there when he feels scared and alone. So he must be dreaming. Like every cartoon scenario, Huin pinched his skin with force to see if he could feel pain or not. He learned this from his all-time favorite sere. If he felt no pain then he's dreaming but if he feels the latter then it's real.