"Tomorrow," I heave out. "I'll be on form tomorrow."

He stands tall, at least three inches taller than me. We come from a family of giants and my dad has always looked like a warrior with his broad shoulders and dark blonde hair that has now started to grey. Despite his age, he's still one of the fittest and most determined in the pack.

This family means everything to him. He will live, die, breathe this pack until he has to depart and I admire him for his strengths at keeping us all together, even when times have become tough.

"Fine," he rasps. "Tomorrow nice and early. You're dismissed."

I bow my head and glance away before he changes his mind. I prowl through the woods back to the pack house, desperately needing to take a long hot bath and drown in anything that isn't my own thoughts.

As I walk through the back door and storm past the kitchen, I take one quick glance. I wish I didn't. My eyes latch onto Elin and his mate, Zade, laughing and kissing in the kitchen.

My stomach lurches at the sight of them.

Happy. They're so damn happy.

I am too–happy for them but after everything that went down with Milo, I can't help but feel jealous at how things played out. That meeting Milo wasn't the walk in the park I thought it would be.

Elin rubs his nose against Zade's and he kisses him again, deeply.

I sigh and rip my gaze away before I fizzle to nothing inside. Practically I feel like nothing inside because my heart has fallen from my chest and I am now without any feelings towards the matter.

When I get upstairs the first thing I do is run myself a bath and lock myself away. No doubt Viola will be up soon to ask how I'm doing. She's been checking in an awful lot which I am grateful for but right now, I want to be alone.

Training with my dad doesn't take my mind off anything, it intensifies it because I can't focus on anything else but Milo and those sapphire eyes with a hint of silver. Even when I close my eyes to sleep, I still see him in all his beauty.

I don't know how long I lay in the bath for but the water turns cold at some point and I realise I need to get out or I'll end up becoming part of the metal itself. When I dry myself and get changed into something comfortable, I lay across my bed staring blankly at the ceiling.

Hey. Are you there?

Milo's voice floats into my mind and I curse to myself, turning on my side and wrapping my body up into a ball. I can't even deny that his voice makes me feel a certain way because it makes me feel like I am the only wolf to exist and that I am made for him.

I know that I am but inside I struggle with the idea. Not after knowing his past.

Nate... he trails off quietly. I don't know how to make this better.

My lips purse painfully, squeezing my eyes shut. I want to block him out but I can't, I don't have the strength to right now.

Please will you come and see me so that I can explain? Or I can come to you.

I don't respond.

If you come and see me once and you decide that you never want to see me again– he pauses as if the words are cutting straight through his heart. Then I will respect your decision and stop mindlinking you. You can end it. But I'm just asking for one chance, one chance to explain. Please. Ple–

Alright. I cut over him.

My eyes have begun to water because my wolf is shuddering at the sound of his perfect voice.

Desirable (mxm)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें