"No... no! No! No!" he yelled, stomping his foot at the sight of the blocked door in front of him.

"Don't the doors open in? Maybe we can push them open?" Gregory suggested.

"What if they're blocked on the other side?"

"We're not gonna know unless we try."

With a nod, Oliver walked up to the door, turned the handle, and leaned all of his weight into the door. When it barely budged, Gregory joined him and the two were slowly able to feel something behind the door shifting. With one final shove, Oliver was able to slip between the opening before the door slammed shut behind him.

"G-Gregory!" he yelled, banding his small hands against the door.

"I'm still here! Maybe try pulling on whatever is blocking the door!" he could hear the brown-haired boy call from the other side of the door.

Pulling at some of the debris that blocked the door, Oliver could hear the sound of Gregory pushing the door and trying the handle. After a minute, he was eventually able to tumble through the gap just like Oliver had.

"That... that was way harder than it should've been," Gregory huffed.

"Um... do you think we can still get back out?" Oliver asked, staring at the door. It was still blocked by a bunch of heavy looking metal objects, many of which had really sharp edges.

"So now you're actually thinking of the consequences."

"That's not- I'm not worried! I know we can get back out!"

"Right. Let's just go check the daycare."

Oliver glared at Gregory, storming past him and towards the slide leading into the daycare. Or at least, where it was supposed to be. The slide was gone, the floor having collapsed and leaving a gap into part of a play structure that had been positioned against a wall. However, the drop down was a little too far, and there were no flat surfaces for Oliver to safely land on. Without forward being an option, he turned to his left and tried to make his way to the stairs.

"Hey uh... maybe I shouldn't go into the daycare," Gregory said, trailing behind him.

"Oh? Are you scared?" Oliver mumbled.

"I'm not scared! I just don't think the attendant likes me in either of his forms. It might be better if you're the one to go in and talk to them," he said, shrugging.

"What if Moon's out and he still has that virus?"

"We handled him before."

"Yeah, but that was when the building wasn't falling apart and we still had-"

Oliver cut himself off. Saying their name was starting to hurt. A lot. What if he didn't find them? What if he couldn't get them repaired? He had taken all of (y/n)'s notes, all of the information they had on robots and all of the files he found in a weird hidden basement in Bill's old house that looked like they were meant for rebuilding them, and even as many tools from the garage they had been given by Veronica in the hopes that he could do something with it. But what if it didn't work? When he tried reading over the notes, he couldn't understand any of it. When he asked Peter to explain it, he would always get confused and lost. (y/n) had always told him that when thing's really mattered, they knew he'd be able to pull through. But what if he couldn't? What if he failed and lost them forever?

Climbing around and through the piles of rubble and tossed aside, the two were eventually able to find an open spot that they could safely jump down from. Oliver slipped through the rails, being the first to jump down with relative ease. Gregory was quick to follow behind him, being slightly less graceful in his landing. Oliver let out a small giggle, earning a glare and a huff from the older boy. Then, he saw his eyes go wide.

"Wha-"

"Sh! Behind you!" Gregory whispered, pointing past Oliver's shoulder.

Slowly turning around, Oliver slammed his hands over his mouth so as not to scream. Looming just behind him was an endoskeleton. Though, after a moment of just staring, he realized that the robot didn't seem to be active. It even had some cobwebs on its feet upon closer inspection.

I don't know why a spider would want to live on that thing.

Gregory slowly pulled Oliver back towards the hole in the side of the daycare they had seen earlier, Oliver taking frequent glances over his shoulder until the endoskeleton left his line of sight. As they walked along the side of the daycare, he could hear humming coming from within the daycare. He couldn't fully tell if it was Sun or Moon, though. It had to have been one of them, the voice was very obviously robotic to the nine-year-old, and it was similar to their voices, but which of them it was he couldn't tell. It was too high for Moon, but too low for Sun.

"What's that?" he whispered.

"I don't know. But you should still go first if it's the attendant," Gregory whispered back.

Oliver nodded and the two climbed into the impromptu daycare entrance.