EP. 6 - The Princess's Birthday

Start from the beginning

She kissed his cheek before going out to meet the children.

Kusuke stood silently in thought. At the party, Vegeta would be going as well. He'd eventually run into Makona, wouldn't he? He rubbed his neck to calm himself down. The secret had to remain a secret. It would be his sister's day, after all. No drama.

He composed himself and went out to greet the kids with a smile.

~~~

After two days of space travel, the group of five arrived to Planet Ayata. Because the gravity was greater on the Saiyan planet, there were gravity controlled bracelets for Kandice and the other weaker guests attending. Since Noemi was born on Planet Ayata, she was able to withstand the gravity.

The ship landed on the dock and they were greeted with guards and family.

"Mom! Dad!" Niya hurried out to embrace her parents.

"My star!" Makona held her close.

"Welcome home," Natu smiled.

"Grabba!" Noemi exclaimed.

"Noemilla~!" he hurried over to pick up his walking granddaughter.

Kandice smiled. "It's been a while."

Makona chuckled at her husband. "Yes."

Meanwhile, Kusuke felt a knot of guilt stir in stomach. How could he bring himself to rip that joy away from his father? "...Hey, Dad," he put on a smile. "Mom."

"Son," Makona reached up to pat his head.

"Mom," he blushed.

"I'm glad to see you're all doing well," Natu smiled at them.

"Um," Goten spoke up. "Hello, Mrs. Queen and Mr. King." He even bowed his head.

The couple smiled.

"It's unfortunate about your family," Makona said. "But I hope you can give my congratulations to your brother and Videl."

"Sure!" Goten nodded. "Niya took some pictures of Pan if you wanna see her. She's tiny, but cute."

"Maybe later," Natu replied. "Come on, let's get you all settled in."

"Let's go," Niya reached to hold Goten's hand.

"Kay," he smiled.

~~~

"Woah!" Goten exclaimed at the sight. "This is my room?!"

"Yes!" Niya giggled. "You are my boyfriend, so you get special treatment. My room isn't far away."

"Is your room huge too?!"

She thought. "I think it's a good-sized room."

"Can I see it?"

"Sure!"

Niya led him a few rooms over to her own. When they entered, Goten could see it very much suited her. There were shelves with trinkets and momentos from planets and missions Niya had been on, as well as holographic photos. She had her own desk for composing letters or studying, a balcony, an enormous bed, a walk in closet, and her very own private bathroom.

"It's like a whole house in here!" Goten exclaimed.

Niya blushed. "I guess it is... spacious."

He composed himself. "I mean—Your room. It suits you a lot! I like it!"

"Really?"

"Yuh huh!" Goten smiled. "All those things on your shelves, can you tell me about them?"

"Oh, yes! I have many stories!" Niya hurried over to start.