"Don't. Stop right there. You're doing it again. You're not fighting it, you're letting it control you into thinking you've won the battle." Her insecurities reigned on her life a lot of the times, and most of those were counted around the men she got, or tried, getting serious with. The odds were never in her favour with the way she damaged her own self-esteem, like how I did. Like my mother. I couldn't see it again. Not today.

So desperately I wanted her to be with someone she liked a lot, someone she knew on a deeper level with a deep connection. Someone that ticked her off and drove her insane, more so than ever. She and Chris had this comfortable atmosphere I fangirled over, despite not seeing all those years' worth of it. Just hearing her talk about him sometimes made me pity and empathize with the striking heartache racking against her chest. She needed a man to explore other parts of life she couldn't do with me, herself or her family.

A best friends she loved as much as she loved herself, a best friend she had sex with and who could the booty. Her words, trust me. I'm not that crazy.

My dreams for her were the same for me. My feelings towards her brother... to test the waters and jump right back in that damn, huge tank was a risk too thin and now it made sense. Chris knew. He bettered me at my own career and that was actually so sad. Damn it, Chris! Now he was an even better man for my girl.

She turned and those emotional, darkened blues bored in mine. "Dow do you even put up with me?" One thing I noticed about the colour blue, how it varied between the fraternal twins was the fact of how their emotions were each a shade. Although not rather detailed. Simple.

So I smiled. "The same way you put up with me."

A slow burn at first but her Tori laugh came through at last right as the doorbell rang a few minutes later. And then we calmed down.

It had to be no one else but Chance. Our lights were out, so no kids were to show and my parents left with Christian and Dallas for trick or treating. Could it be a ghost? Or a Psychology genius who would help me pass College? I hoped it was the latter, prayed, but ultimately fell short when it was Chance. Although seeing him still kept a smile I reassured Tori with.

I honestly just hoped my grades were all right. I kept forgetting to ask.

Studying him, I recognized who he cosplayed as. A perfect, on spot cosplay of a character who slipped my mind. Guess this shouts how comics and graphic novels weren't really my thing. As I remembered, his character was from a comic series my brother tried reading and my Holy Grail of Zeus did it look extremely fitting on him. Who was it, though? But a fine specimen he was. Damn!

Sometimes my own mind made me wonder if I could stop being sexually attracted to men, or otherwise Tori's perverseness would leak out of me.

Slightly I shook my head, mentally slapping myself and before uttering a welcoming, he held me close to his body. My heart stuttered and my joints froze, and when he lifted me up a few inches in the air I tried catching my breath. All those times we hugged, his warmth tangled me, my nose perked at the fresh scent of his cologne. A sweet embrace. And now, those things remained but there was something else. A hint of something else there that made me enjoy it more than I realized.

Would I take a risk? Would Chance be ready... would I?

My arms weren't encased in his and rather ravelled around his body, clenching the back of his vest. Warm, very warm, and comfortable. My cheeks burned and I actually felt the pace of his beating heart. Wow... never had we ever hugged like this ad with all that had happened Thanksgiving and the following days, why was he different? Friendlier, cheery and enclosed around the clutches of happiness as evident by that damning grin of his when he put me down? What just happened?