Chapter 17: Blossoms of Love: A Night of Enchantment

Start from the beginning

Amidst the excitement and anticipation backstage, a sudden, sharp scream pierced through the air. The sound echoed through the narrow corridors, sending a shiver down the spines of those nearby. Akane's heart raced, and her eyes widened in alarm as she recognized the unmistakable sound of pain.

Without a second thought, she turned towards the direction of the scream and rushed towards it, her concern for her fellow performer outweighing everything else. Pushing through the bustling crew members, she finally reached the source of the distress.

There, hunched over and clutching her ankle, was Aya, who would play a pivotal role in the play. Her face was contorted with pain, and beads of sweat formed on her forehead. It was evident that she had injured himself, and the pain was overwhelming.

"Aya! Are you okay?" Akane exclaimed, kneeling beside her, her worry evident in her voice.

Aya gasped for breath, trying to respond through the pain. "It... It hurts so much," she managed to say, his voice trembling.

Akane glanced around, looking for help. "Someone, call for the stage manager or a medic! Aya needs assistance," she called out, her voice urgent.

As crew members rushed to call for help, Akane stayed by Aya's side, trying to offer comfort. "It's going to be okay, Aya. Help is on the way," she reassured her, gently placing a hand on her shoulder.

Amidst the commotion, Hiroshi had observed the scene from a distance, and a sly smirk crept onto his face. He had orchestrated this diversion expertly to slip away unnoticed, and now he took the opportunity to go the opposite way, disappearing into the labyrinthine backstage area.

Moving swiftly and silently, Hiroshi navigated through the maze of corridors and behind the stage curtains. He knew every nook and cranny of the theatre, and this made it easier for him to vanish from everyone's sight.

As Hiroshi continued his stealthy escape through the backstage area, he came across the costume room where the wardrobe team had meticulously prepared all the outfits for the play, including the one for the character Takumi.
He tiptoed into the costume room and spotted the ensemble meant for Takumi. It was a traditional samurai attire, complete with a beautifully embroidered kimono, hakama trousers, and a striking katana.

With a mischievous grin, he carefully picked up the costume and quickly found a secluded spot to hide it.

As he continued his plan, Hiroshi happened upon Sekito's dressing room.
He quickly and silently rigged the door, so it wouldn't open, no matter how much Sekito tried.
"Sorry, Sekito, but this is the tip of the iceberg. "
Hiroshi murmured to himself, envisioning the puzzled expression on Sekito's face when he couldn't open his dressing room door.

As Aya received medical attention backstage, she reassured everyone that she would be okay. The theatre's on-call medic arrived promptly, examining her injured ankle with care. "It's just a sprain," the medic said, offering a small sigh of relief. "With some ice, rest, and a bandage, Aya should be able to continue after a short break."

Akane breathed a sigh of relief, grateful that Aya's injury wasn't more severe. "Thank goodness," she said, patting Aya gently on the back. "We were all worried about you."

Aya managed a smile, though her discomfort was still evident. "I'll be fine," she said, her voice determined. "I don't want to disappoint the audience. Let's give them the best performance we can."

Toshiro smiled warmly at her determination. "Alright then," he said. "We'll take a short break while you rest, and if you feel up to it, we'll continue the play with adjustments as needed."

With Aya's condition addressed and the necessary adjustments made, Akane asked the director about Sekito's whereabouts. "Has anyone seen Sekito?" she inquired, noting his absence.