Chapter 17: Blossoms of Love: A Night of Enchantment

Start from the beginning

Hiroshi chuckled softly and grinned at Akane. "Of course, I'd love to see it," he replied, trying to act nonchalant. "But I must warn you, Akane, seeing you in that costume might be too much for me to handle. I fear I might faint from the sheer overwhelming gorgeousness of it all."

He playfully placed a hand on his forehead, feigning dizziness for added effect. "You know, I've always believed that actors should come with a warning label: 'Beware, extreme beauty ahead!' And you, Akane, embody that sentiment perfectly."

Akane giggled at his theatrics, blushing even more. "Oh, please, Hiroshi, stop with the flattery," she said, trying to hide her delight. "You're just being silly now."

Hiroshi winked at her. "Silly or not, I speak nothing but the truth," he said, grinning. "Now, come on, show me that stunning costume of yours. I promise I'll do my best not to faint."

As Hiroshi waited for Akane to put on her costume, he took out his phone and composed a message to Aya. He smirked mischievously as he typed.
He then chuckled to himself as he hit send.

After a few minutes, Hiroshi heard footsteps approaching, and he turned his attention to the direction of the sound. There she was, Akane, gracefully making her way towards him, dressed in a traditional Japanese kimono that looked like a work of art. The colours were vibrant, and the intricate patterns beautifully adorned the fabric. It was a mesmerizing sight.

Hiroshi's eyes widened in surprise. Akane looked stunningly elegant in the kimono, and he couldn't help but admire her in awe. The soft glow of the backstage lights highlighted her features, and she seemed to radiate a timeless charm.

As Akane noticed Hiroshi's intense gaze, her cheeks flushed with a deeper shade of pink. She was not accustomed to being the centre of such attention, especially from someone as charismatic as Hiroshi.

"You... you like it?" Akane asked, a hint of uncertainty in her voice as she tugged gently at the kimono's fabric.

Hiroshi blinked, snapping out of his reverie, and quickly composed himself. "Like it? Akane, you look breathtaking," he said, his voice filled with admiration. "This kimono suits you perfectly. It's like you stepped out of a painting from another era."

As Hiroshi looked at Akane in her beautiful kimono, he couldn't resist the urge to capture this moment with his phone. He discreetly pulled out his device, trying to frame the perfect shot without drawing too much attention.

Akane noticed him fiddling with his phone and became a bit self-conscious. "Hiroshi, what are you doing?" she asked, a hint of embarrassment in her voice.

"Oh, nothing," Hiroshi replied casually, trying to hide the mischievous grin forming on his face. "I just thought this moment looked so magical; I wanted to capture it as a memory."

Akane's cheeks turned even redder as she realized what he might be doing. "Wait, are you taking photos of me?" she asked, feeling a mix of flattery and shyness.

Hiroshi chuckled playfully. "Guilty as charged," he admitted, his grin widening. "But can you blame me? You're like a kimono-clad goddess, and I couldn't resist the temptation to snap a few pictures."

As the realization fully hit her, Akane's embarrassment peaked. She covered her cheeks with her hands, trying to hide her blush. "H-Hiroshi, please stop! It's embarrassing," she protested, though a hint of laughter escaped her lips.

Hiroshi teased, "Oh, come on, Akane! Don't be shy. You look amazing, and I promise these photos will be for my eyes only." He continued to snap a couple more pictures, admiring how the blush on her cheeks only added to her charm.

Seeing that he wasn't going to stop anytime soon, Akane playfully swatted at his phone. "Okay, okay, that's enough," she said, still blushing but with a playful glint in her eyes. "You've got your photos. Now, let's focus on the play."