Almost Together (CH.93)

Start from the beginning

Either way, I had to start thinking, and fast. With no escape route, I was in a pinch. My quirk isn't strong enough to break any walls, and I can't get Eri out with it, so my only option was to hold on until the others arrive. A bit annoying, but seeing as I was holding myself well until now, I had hope.

I didn't want to let Overhaul do whatever he wanted, so I got an idea. I started running at him, making sure that he heard me, but once the two of them turned to look at me, I immediately sank below the floor. This was sure to get them alert, and seeing as Overhaul was a surprisingly good fighter, he would try to predict me. The most obvious would be for me to come from behind, so I instead was planning to come out from infront.

So, after a couple of seconds, I deactivated my quirk, sending me up earlier than usual, and as I came out of the ground, I got a glimpse of Overhaul turning the other way and sending some spikes over there. This filled me with a lot of satisfaction, but now wasn't the time to get cocky, so I just focused entirely on my fist, and delivered a very strong punch right to the back of his neck.

The impact made him almost fall over, and in that second that I got, I decided to finish things off with Chrono, and delivered a kick right to the side of his head. This was also quite convenient, since it turned out that he did have another gun, but with this last kick I was certain that I had knocked him out, so he wasn't going to be a concern for a while.

Then, as Overhaul regained his footing, and took notice of what I did to his sidekick, he could only exclaim. "Chrono!" And after seeing him not even moving at that, he knew what was up. We both looked at each other, and with just our stern looks, we said what we needed, and prepared to fight.

Izuku's Pov

After gathering enough information about our surroundings, and getting a better understanding of what our situation was, we all started moving. At first we did have some trouble, since we didn't know in which direction we should go in order to get to the closest room. The girls asked us how we got there in the first place, to see if we could use the same method, but unfortunately, we followed the vibrations of their fight to locate them, but currently there wasn't any we could follow, so we were stuck.

Or at least we thought we were, until K suggested using Sir Nighteye's quirk to see the future, and see in which direction we would go. We wondered for a while if this would help, since it might come out as a sort of paradox. Basically, if Nighteye got the direction from his quirk, then that means that either the us in the future got their instructions in another way, which would result in us breaking that timeline, or they got it the same way as us, meaning that there must've been a first us that got it in another way, resulting in the same problem as before.

Whatever it was, we didn't want to think about it, as it was getting too complicated, and some of us weren't even able to understand. So, instead of worrying about that, Sir Nighteye simply decided to look into my future, since I was the only capable of digging out a tunnel, so I would be the easiest one to follow.

It took some moments, and after around half a minute Nighteye's expression got too concerned about something, but seeing as we didn't want to interrupt, we waited. It still took around another half a minute, and through that entire time, Nighteye's expression didn't ease up, in fact, it got way worse at the end.

Nobody said anything at first, since the situation had become way worse than it was before, but K quickly broke it off, as he stepped forward and asked. "Four eyes, what did you see?" And after taking some deep breaths, Nighteye replied.

"Nothing important. It's this way." And while some of us surely wanted to make some questions, he didn't give us time, as he just started walking and moved away from the group. This made things even more confusing, but at the same time, there was nothing we could do about it, so we just followed along and did as he said.