"Okay we can talk about him in the car. But let me finish my food first."

This girl knew what she was doing, she was giving him an opening which he gladly took. He walked over here and sat next to December in the booth, she scooted over so they had more room.

"Thanks for buying her sandwich."

"No problem, I mean it isn't like it was a kidney or anything."

"Yeah, right. I think I would beg for you on my knees if you had to give her a kidney." His eyes darkened and I smirked.

"You're different than any other female that has ever laid her eyes on me. Why is that?"

"Maybe because I know you belong to me."

"Maybe. What if I was married?" He said with a very cocky smile. 

"Then you would be married and mateless. You wouldn't be the first I rejected."

"Wait, you've had another mate before?"

"Yeah, so?"

"So have I. She died, she had cancer." I gave him a puzzled look.

"She was human. I hadn't marked her yet so she didn't turn."

"Oh. Well that sucks. I killed my parents and then he didn't understand and he basically called me selfish so I dumped his sorry butt. We were always fighting anyway, plus how could I run my pack and his at the same time?"

"I totally understand. Now I'm curious, is she his?"

"Uh no, I found her on my land and instantly fell in love with her."

"Yeah she's mine before she is yours so back off mister." December said with too much attitude for a five year old. 

"Oh okay. What if we shared her?"

"I don't share." This girl is getting a little too big for her pants. 

"Well then I guess you are going to have to learn how to. Because she is mine now."

"Please don't take my momma from me."

"Baby he can't, I love you way more. He is some creep compared to you."

"Ouch." He looked very upset. 

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"I'm December."

"Pleasant to meet you. I am Dakota."

I looked up at him startled, this cannot be him. I mean come on! Can't I get a break from all of these powerful Alphas? I mean the guy that I am supposed to be protecting a pack from is my mate. This is just great. Plus how didn't I recognize him?

"Well I told you my name so what is yours?"

"December we have to get going if we want to be there on time."

"I didn't catch your name."

"Because I never threw it."

We walked out of there quickly, I got her into the Taho and drove off quickly. I called Carter and told him we would be there in thirty minutes. He was excited to meet us and told me my pack mates were already there.

"Momma why didn't you give Dakota your name? He's your mate isn't he?"

"Yes but I just didn't want to . He would be too self absorbed and I have you."

"But you need to be with your mate. Most wolves would be instantly happy they got a second mate."

"How old are you again?"