|Volume 1|

It's just the beginning.
_______________________

The room was dark. You have been dreaming of colorful fluffy clouds dancing around you as you sat in the field of tall grass. It was so calming and breathtaking all at once... This perfect little dream world you were in made you want to stay in its grasp for all of eternity so you could be at peace...

But, of course, that isn't how the world works, unfortunately. You had woken up by the sound of your alarm.
8:35 AM. Great... You took a deep breath in and out as you sat up to prepare for another day.  You had a schedule so you wouldn't stress over things. You had to brush your teeth, eat breakfast, do some homework, feed the cat, etc... This schedule would probably sound boring and tiring after some time and you would agree with that, but you had to admit it was better than doing nothing all day or being confused about what you should do. So it worked...

_____________________________________________________________________

4 PM (Time skip)

You sat at the kitchen table as you caught up on some missed assignments. It was difficult to remember all these tiny details of everything. The teachers wanted you to remember everything they taught you and will often forget that not every student will have a good memory of it or even just be good at that subject. You were a mix of both of those you could say. You weren't all that good at math and you would often forget the equations you would do right after a test. You weren't dumb by any means. No, you didn't think so. Even though you weren't that good in some subjects like Science or Math you always did well in English and History with the lowest grade you've gotten being 87%.
Yes, you were a nerd, but knowing many things isn't bad at all. It's a great way to pass the time and well... You can't talk anyway so... Yeah.

As you were deep in your thoughts doing your absolute best to write down the correct answers and pass these assignments you could hear a voice from the hallway.
"(Name) can you help put away the groceries?" Oh. It was your dad!
You got up and helped. He came back from work early today. That's good.
You put away the frozen foods while your Dad put away the canned foods and baking ingredients. Maybe you could bake something together? It would be a good way to pass the time and take a break from that horrible homework.... God, you've really started to get bored around here, haven't you?
You turned to your dad and signed to him 'Can we bake something together?' No, you weren't deaf, but you were mute so you couldn't talk, This is also much easier than writing everything down. Your father looked at you and gave a tired smile before replying to you. "I'm sorry sweetheart, but I might need to lie down for a while. My boss was giving me a really hard time today. But, hey if your Pa doesn't help you when he comes home tonight I'll make something with you in the morning. Alright?" You could tell he felt a little guilty about it since he loved to spoil you, but to be honest you were in a good mood so you didn't mind it. So you simply nodded and put away the grocery bags.

You knew that Pa liked baking more than Dad so that might be better, but hey who knows if work isn't bad tomorrow maybe all three of you could bake together? You'll have to go over to your Mom for the weekend anyway so why not?
__________________________________________________________________________
(Time skip)
You could hear Pa's car pull up into the driveway and so you ran to the door and waited...
When the door opened you went up to your Pa and signed hello to him. You didn't want to be rude and ask right away to bake after a long day of work, but it was still worth a shot. 'Pa we got some stuff from the store to bake something together. Do you want to bake something with me?'  You could see the smile slowly appear on his face. Pa was always a big fan of baking or decorations. He was the one who bought all the furniture after all.
But, yes you were excited to bake something with one of your dads since it felt like forever since you had and you've just been so bored lately you've even been finding watching the cat sleep entertaining.
_____________________________________________________________________