Chapter 3: Shopping Adventure

Start from the beginning

"That dark colour does not suit you anymore"

"Gee, thanks"

"But I guess it'll work for now. You look different enough" Jane came closer, adjusting the strands a little more.

"It's not sitting as it should be though"

"You think there's a wig store somewhere nearby? Maybe I could get you one too..." Scarlet asked, then continued.

"...you look the same as before" Jane looked at her brown hair in thought.

"Maybe I could just cut it?"

"....'ight, where's your knife?"

"Not a chance you'll do it with that without it looking like a rats nest afterwards"

"You think?"

Scarlet looked inside her backpack for a pocket knife she kept around. Opening it, she stepped to the woman, whose eyes widened.

"Get the hell away from me" Jane couldn't hold back a chuckle at the overly evil-looking grin Scarlet had as she came closer.

"Come on, it's just hair!"

"But with a knife!?"

"Is there another option?"

"...no"

"See, now come here!"

'Idiots'

"Okay, okay! But do just a test strand"

"For what?"

"Well who knows? Maybe after I take my ring off and then back on, it'll just grow back"

"Alright, now stop backing up"

Jane rolled her eyes, both of them hearing the little girl who watched their interaction laugh. Scarlet circled around the woman, picking enough hair from underneath, just enough to see a difference after cutting.

.
.
.

Let's just say Mulan made it look easier.

.
.
.

It took some time to cut even half of the part Scarlet wanted to.

"I know hair is tough, but god DAMN" the woman breathed out, holding the cut hair in her hand. It wasn't much, but you could see the difference if you looked for it.

"Alright, now for the magic trick..." Jane just sighed and went to grab the ring.

"Do you want your things back?" She looked up at Scarlet and then at the people passing by - the trio was hidden by the shadows, but realising she won't have the mask and wig on, she stepped further into the dimly lit alley, shaking her head.

"It's fine, it'll be quick" And with that, she took the ring off. The brunette, straight hair began to fall, the scars appearing. However, before they had the chance to fully show, she put the ring back on.

Soon enough, the hair grew back and her skin looked healthy again.

"Okay, let's see" Scarlet beckoned the woman to come closer, Sally floating up a little to also see if the cut stayed.

And unfortunately, it did not.

Her hair was the same length all around, not a single short strand in sight.

"Well, seems like we'll have to get you a wig then..." Scarlet mumbled, letting Janes hair fall down. The other woman turned around.

"It seems like we're in a big city, so there should be a place to buy it, hopefully nearby"