Chapter - 8

Chaeyoung sat in her elegant office, her dark red hair falling gracefully over her shoulders, as she observed the man before her, the potential PA called hyunsuk. She leaned back in her chair, her face devoid of any emotion.

"You know, it's your first day, i hope you don't mess up. I'm afraid I'll fire you" She said, with the most commanding voice ever.

"I believe in myself, Ms. Park. So, i don't think i would mess up." He said, trying to maintain his composure.

"Is that so? Well, let me tell you, Mr. Hyunsuk, I have high standards for my employees. I don't tolerate mediocrity." She said with an raised eyebrow observing each of the change in his face.

"I assure you, Ms. Park, I'm anything but mediocre. I have an excellent track record."

"We'll see about that. But remember, you're just an assistant here. Don't let your ego get in the way." She leaned into the table, as her eyes darted into his confident one's.

"Now, tell me my schedules for the day" She said, leaning back to her chair, while he scrolled through the Ipad.

"You are actually full packed today" He said, which made her roll her eyes.

"I asked you to tell me about my schedules, not how I'm busy for the day"

"Oops, so, you'll be having an meeting with the editors of the book cover for your new book at 10:00am, and the next schedule is right after it, you have an meeting with the company investors. After lunch, you had to meet up with the children book's authors to decide whether you want to approve of certain books or not"

"Why should I approve it?"

"Because you're the CEO, duh" She scoffed before saying, "I'm well aware about me being the CEO."

"Not everyone's book here is getting approved by me, then why the children's one?"

"I'm sorry, I'm new. I think Mr. Kang might know about it."

"You're getting on my nerves, Mr. Lee. I hope you don't want to get fired on your first day" The woman said, calm yet scary. The man gulped, not wanting to provoke her anymore. But he did it anyways.

"But, I was just saying the truth, Ms. Park" She scoffed at his answer. Just as she was about to respond back, the door opened revealing Mr.Kang.

"Wait, why doesn't he knock the door?" He turned his head towards her, she gave him a death stare and said, "He's been working here from the very start of the company. He contributed a lot to the company, what about you?" She said, which made his mouth shut immediately.

The old man was quite taken aback, when he heard her talking for him. He definitely felt happy.

"Anyways, What's the matter, Mr. Kang?" She turned to the old man, who was still in his thoughts.

"Good morning, Mademoiselle. I'm here to inform you about your last schedule. You have to approve or deny the launch of the Children's book. The last two children book we published, become quite controversial. So, we need you to look through whether it's appropriate to launch." He explained, while she carefully listened.

"Hmm." She hummed thinking of something that the both of men standing there couldn't predict. "Okay, now you can leave." She spoke out. The older man nodded before walking out of her cabin.

"The editors have messaged me, Ms. Park. Should I lead them In?" He asked. She didn't say anything, but gave him a slight nod as a yes.

Then he left the office and walked towards the waiting room. Thankfully, Mr. Kang helped him and gave him a tour of the place yesterday, and it came in handy.