✈️ Ch 2: Musical Haters

Despite the fact that her brother had assured her that he wasn't mad at her Claire still felt that he was. She hadn't tried to lawyer up and she probably should have. Her music label dropped her at the worst time...if the same thing happened to Chris with his show the tabloids would go mental. Even if she got kicked off first...at least this way her brothers job would be safe.

As she entered the plane, Claire was sure the metal bird was going to crash, explode and fall apart in midair, the only real mystery was the time frame and order that was going to happen in.

Claire didn't bother greeting the other passengers again. The hi on the tarmac was enough. Any greetings she might get in return were likely going to be insincere. Claire was a rather antisocial person. She found people to be rather sucky and this bunch was probably going to be a headache and a half.

Chris stormed past Claire and almost knocked her over. "Chris-!" Claire was about to berate her brother but he was giving her a reply before he could get an earful.

"I need to talk to chef." He said in an over emotional voice.

Claire frowned. Part of her wanted to go with her brother. With the phone in his hand it was clear he'd just talked to the producers. But she knew he had to talk to hatchet alone. However this left her alone with the contestants and she had no where else to go. Courtney had a permanent sneer pasted on her face. Clearly she was a variable the girl hadn't anticipated.

"Well?"

Claire remained silent. She merely raised a brow. There was an unasked question in her eyes.

"Aren't you going to apologize?"

"For...?" Claire arched a brow as she crossed her arms and jutted out her hip.

"For everything Chris has done to us!" Courtney exclaimed as if it were supposed to be obvious.

"What? You've got to be kidding. I have no input on my brothers creative choices for his show. You all signed up for this, I'm only here because they threatened my brothers job. I don't owe any of you anything. You want an apology, ask my brother. I'm not him."

Alejandro seemed to have gleam of understanding in his eyes as Claire spoke her last sentence.

Courtney scoffed once more.

"Clearly just look at you. Anybody with a brain can see your-" Heather couldn't finish her compliment.

"Aaah don't you start Queen B!" Lashawna snapped pointing her finger at Heather interrupting her. "No sucking up to the hosts sister! No way! You play fair, ya hear!?"

"Whatev." Heather replied, rolling her eyes.

"Campers!! I mean- Contestants I hope you're all adjusting well." Chris returned after a relatively short talk with chef. His eyes looked unusually red.

"Chris do you have something in your eyes?" Sierra asked cocking her head to the side. "They're kind of red."

"No." Chris replied much too quickly. "Nothings in my eyes..."

He was already tearing once more as he set his sights on his sister.

"Are you sure because now your eyes look really watery. You should really check that out." Lindsey put her hands to her mouth in concern.

"It's nothing Lindsey... "Chris internally cursed the girl's stupidity in an attempt to keep from crying.

"Its okay to cry Chris... "Cody said kindly. "...we all know you weren't expecting your sister here."

"Its nothing...drop it. "Chris spoke forcefully.

"But Chris..."

"Yo man! Ya jus' gotta let it out ya know!!! Cry to ya hearts content then make love with ya Claire bear!!!!"Ezekial exclaimed throwing his arms out nearly walking Claire in the face.