𝑡𝚑𝑟𝑒𝑒

Start from the beginning

"what's wrong?" she asked in a whisper, leaning into her. the tears fell from sarah's eyes again. angel just held her closer. letting her cry onto her shoulder.

"m-my boyfriend, i-i broke up with him a-and" she stuttered out in between cries "he s-said some..hateful w-words". her head shook as she leaned into angel more.

angel was confused, she didn't say anything for a moment. she thought sarah's boyfriend was the guy she was cuddled up on the beach with. but it seemed now that sarah's real boyfriend, well ex-boyfriend, was the guy she named 'topper', who ran out of the house when she arrived.

"whatever he said, don't let it affect you. he was probably just salty that the most beautiful girl on this entire island broke up with him" she tried cheering her up. it worked, when sarah's head rose from being buried into her shoulder, she gave a small laugh. sarah's laugh sent a smile on angels face as sarah - once again - wiped her tears, took a deep breath and stood up from the bed.

"I'm glad your here, i need your opinion" she exclaimed, walking to her closet.

"what? is it another boyfriend?" sarah turned around in fake shock, scoffing playfully as she couldn't stop the smile that spread on her face.

"girl, no" she shouted as she disappeared into the walk-in wardrobe she had in her bedroom. fancy. she reappeared a second later with four garment bags in her hand. "i need help deciding"

angel raised her eyebrow in question. "where are you going?"

sarah dropped the bags onto the bed and looked at her new friend. "you don't know?"

"oh my god, who is keeping these secrets on this island"

sarah chuckled, unzipping one of the bags to reveal a beautiful plain white dress with off the shoulder sleeves.

"wow" angel was mesmerised, it looked expensive. "where are you going in a dress this pretty?"

"it's an event" sarah started "its called midsummers, all the kook families attend it"

"a kook is.?" angel asked, still confused from the explanation she got from jj on the beach.

sarah rolled her eyes playfully. "a kook is me, you, the people that live on this side of the island, the cut- some people call it." she paused, making sure angel was following along. "we have money, big houses and nice jobs"

"well, that's not our fault, we didn't ask-"

"shhh" sarah cut her off "let me finish!" she exclaimed.

"fine!" angel giggled.

"the pogues, aka the people you met yesterday, they live on the cut. they don't have a lot of money, not very nice houses and they usually work for the kooks"

angel frowned. "most kooks hate the pogues, unfortunately, they're always getting into trouble but, i think they're cool"

"me too.. and i've barely even spoken to one" angel laughed again.

"you know the girl who tried to tell you being a kook is a bad thing?" sarah asked "kiara, her name is"

"oh..yeah. what about her?" angels stomach dropped, remembering how upset she had gotten over the girl she didn't even know.

"guess what" a smile spread over sarah's face, slightly comforting angel.

"what?"

"she's a kook too"

"no way" angels mouth dropped open. "why was she so bothered?"

"she turned full pogue or something, much to her parent's disappointment"