1 - Trapped

[A/N]: Hello! I'm back! If you're a new reader to my account, please check out my previous two books in this series, Fantastic Beasts: The New Arrival is the first book and Fantastic Beasts: Betrayal is the second! This one is the third book! Thanks for having a look at this book, I hope you enjoy it! 

"Searching for a light to guide me through, 

Lost in this world, but I'll find my truth.

The moon shines bright, I never sleep, 

As I stumble through the secrets I keep, 

Footsteps fading, hope starts to wane, 

Will I ever break free from this chain?

I'm lost in the wilderness of my mind,

Trying to escape, but I'm confined,

Searching for a light to guide me through,

Lost in this world, but I'll find my truth.

Through the haze, a glimmer appears,

A distant whisper, allaying my fears,

In this maze, I'll find my way,

With courage and hope, I'll seize the day.

I'm lost in the wilderness of my mind,

Trying to escape, but I'm confined,

Searching..."

I broke from my mindless, out-of-tune song as I heard the doors bang open. I sighed as I saw my father enter the prison-like room where I was held hostage.

"Hello again, Laila."

I looked down. Laila. That name made me sick. "My name is Lia. Not Laila."

Grindelwald laughed. "Lia? You think Newton Scamander will save you?"

"He will." I said, anger bubbling up inside me. "One day he will take me home."

"Inspiring." My father said, smirking. I looked back with a revengeful stare.

"What is it you want?" I asked, tired.

"I want you to tell me Mr. Scamander's address."

I froze. Could I remember his address? More importantly, would I want to tell Grindelwald?

"No." I said. I could remember, but I refused to think about what he would want with Newt.

"Tell me, or face the consequences." Grindelwald said, taking out his wand. Oh, no. I knew what was coming for me.

"I won't tell you anything." I said, ready to face the Cruciatus curse. And, a few seconds later, I felt the familiar pain of the curse. I screamed, but only to make it seem like the curse still hurt me as much as it did the first day. It seemed to continue on more than usual, though.

A few minutes passed, before my father released me.

"You're stronger than I thought." He said, putting his wand away. "I'll come back later, when you're tired."

And with that, he left. I waited for the familiar bang of the strong iron door, before I walked over to my bed and sat down on it, burrowing my head in my hands. Where was Newt? Where was he? At the time I needed him most, he wasn't there. But I knew he still remembered me, and he still cared about me. Maybe he thought I died.