𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Start bij het begin

"That's— Nonsense.. Gianna. We're just friends." Aurelia says.

Just friends?

Friends.

Friends.. The word falls off my lips so easily but I can't bring myself to understand the meaning of it.

What are we? I think to myself.

I never really thought about Aurelia and I's label. Are we friends? Dating? Definitely not married, though that one hospital thinks we are.

Technically, to my parents, we're engaged, though I'm not sure what we truly are.

Oh.

Oh.

I have myself entangled in my own problems and don't know how to get out.

I'm about to ponder my thoughts when suddenly, Ms. Genova's palm comes into contact with Aurelia's cheek, making her yelp. I immediately go to hold her, my hand grips her chin and I turn her head to me, only to see a red handprint on her face.

"You fucking.." Aurelia pushes me off of her and she goes straight for Ms. Genova. She pulls on the other girl's hair, yanking her to the floor with immense power. The room is filled with gasps.

"Homewrecker!" She yells, the bottom of her heel presses ever so slightly on the hair of the girl on the floor.

I don't stop my girlfriend, of course not. Not in a million years.

"That's my girl." Is the only thing I whisper as Aurelia takes a glance at me, pulling Ms. Genova up again by the collar, making their faces inches away from each other.

"You fucked with the wrong damn girl. This is what happens when you don't mind your damn business." She hisses before bringing her other hand up to punch her. Red liquid drips from her nose and she whimpers, breathing heavily.

An employee taps me on the shoulder, asking if I'm going to break them up and then suddenly, I remember I'm supposed to be professional.

I pull Aurelia off of Ms. Genova with ease, holding her by the back of her collar and forcing her to stand next to me. I hold both of her wrists with one hand, making her look down at the mess she made with the other girl.

"Ms. Emberlyn. My office. Now." I say sternly, my gaze shifting between the two of them.

Ms. Genova is torn to pieces. Her hair is messy and blood is scattered on the marble floor. Aurelia, however, is completely fine besides the red stain on her cheeks and the small droplets of blood on her hands.

She glares at me as I lead her towards my office, looking back one last time at the scene before I grip her chin harshly.

Aurelia sighs, looking down in defeat as I continue to hold both of her wrists with one large hand. My grip tightens when she tries to wiggle out, but she soon gives up.

"Good girl."

I know very well the effects of those two words on her and I find happiness in knowing only I get to say it to her.

Only I have that effect on her.

I open the door to my office, letting her go in and I follow, locking the door behind me as I shut it.

────

"Rainer, what are we?"

She sighs.

I'm asking myself that too.

"We're co-workers. I am your boss, you are my employee." I say, but my heart thinks otherwise.

I am the only one for her, and she is my one and only.

And I'll refuse anything else.

"Really? Because the last time I checked, you killed a man for slapping my ass and I nearly killed a woman for trying to steal you from me. Is that what bosses and employees do? I don't think so." She says and I can see the tears welling in her eyes.

"Don't cry, Gold. Please. Don't cry." I approach her, who's leaning on my desk with her palms on the edge of the desk. My hands cup her cheeks as my thumbs wipe away her tears.

"You can choose to end our contract, leave, and you can hate me forever. But don't cry. Never cry because of me. I'm not worth your tears." I say in a voice so low, almost like a whisper.

Her hazel eyes stare into my emerald ones. I could kiss her right here, right now, but something is holding me back.

And so I finally say.

"Can I kiss you, Gold?"

I push myself into the space between her legs, standing in between them as she brings her hands up to put them on my shoulders.

Aurelia nods and I break.

I can feel her legs wrap around my lower back, her hands pull me closer and finally, I feel her lips on mine again.

I inhale her intoxicating scent, my bulge is pressed against her and I close my eyes, tasting her on my lips.

────