CHAPTER 95 - Crossing the Han River

Start from the beginning

“Ah…” Yoo Sangah let out a groan as if she realized something.

Kim Dokja had no idea the avatar had such an effect.

Kim Dokja had seen it receive damage on behalf of the original but he didn’t know it could take the contract’s punishment.

It looked like only some of the punishment was offset but Han Sooyoung wouldn’t die.

Shin Yoosung asked, “That unni went away?”

“It seems so.”
Kim Dokja would soon meet with the people of Chungmuro and they would be hostile to Han Sooyoung, just like Yoo Sangah.

Che. A person who couldn’t be trusted would live in misery. Han Sooyoung would be alone, surrounded by enemies. For a moment, Kim Dokja mistook her for a companion.

There were some coins and a piece of paper in the place where the avatar turned into a white powder.
–The value of the meals.

This was how she said goodbye. As if to turn the time we spent together into nothing, her avatar was blown away by the strong winds of the Han River.

Still, Kim Dokja was curious about why Han Sooyoung stayed with him for so long despite being able to use ‘Surrogate Death’ through her avatars.

I didn’t know. I couldn’t read Yoo Sangah or Han Sooyoung’s mind. Ways of Survival, which explained everything, didn’t tell me this. Kim Dokja thought.

“We should get up.”

Then a strange sensation overcame me. Was it Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint? Kim Dokja instinctively looked in the direction that he felt it but couldn’t see anything.

…Was I mistaken?

***

The morning hours passed quickly.

That afternoon, Shin Yoosung’s agility and magic power reached the scenario limit of level 60.

Kim Dokja felt that it was time and bought the Sponsor Contract from Bihyung.

Bihyung grumbled but still gave him the contract.

[You do know that this won’t change the disaster?]

‘…’

[The present her isn’t directly related to the future disaster. The disaster comes from a world derived from the ‘first world’ line. Even if their existences are connected, the history…]

Don’t speak useless words and give me the contract.’

Kim Dokja finished writing the contract and handed it to Shin Yoosung. “I have no stigma right now and can’t lend you my strength like other constellations. I only have a lot of coins.”

“…”

“You don’t have to sign the contract if you don’t want to. However, you won’t regret it if you sign with me.”

“Mother told me not to mess around with this type of stuff…”

“It’s okay. I don’t really mean to be a typical sponsor.”

“If I sign this, I can’t contract with another constellation?”

“Yes.”

Shin Yoosung nodded with determination. “Okay. I believe in Ahjussi.”

[The Sponsor Contract has been concluded.]

[You have become the sponsor of the incarnation ‘Shin Yoosung.’]