Chapter 18: Study Buddies

Start from the beginning

Jirou looked disgusted as she moved toward a small spot in the wall. I narrowed my eyes and saw a hole. 'Oh god...' I thought to myself as Jirou jammed one of her earphone jacks into the hole, a muffled scream sounding from the other side. "Mineta?" I asked.

"Mineta."

The entire locker room shuddered in disgust. After we finished changing, we walked back up to class to find that Aizawa was there waiting for us. "Ok, now that that's out of the way, we have a few things to discuss. Number one, your final exams are fast approaching. Make sure to not only study, but to train your bodies hard. Number two, during summer, there will be a training camp. Those who do not pass the final exam will not be going to the training camp," he stated.

We nodded and we all started talking about finals. Considering the fact that I got tenth on the midterms, I was about average. I looked around and saw everyone getting in large study groups. I sighed and looked around for anyone who could help me out. My eyes then landed on one person who I was sure would be able to help me out. I walked over and tapped his shoulder. "O-oh Tanaka, do you need something?" Midoriya asked.

I chuckled and said, "Relax, I was just wondering if you could help me study for the finals."

"Oh, sure! I'd love to help you out!" he said with a bright smile, "Where and when?" 

"Well I would normally say my place, but since you live far, it would be easier for me to just fly to your place than for you to try to take public transport to my house," I said.

"Ok! And how about we do every night after school until finals?" he said.

I nodded and smiled, "Thank you so much!"

I was about to walk away when I heard my name called. I turned around to see Aizawa and he said, "The support company who makes your costume asked if they can borrow samples of your hair. They said that weaving it into your costume will help it regenerate alongside you should what happened with the Hero Killer happen again. They have done it before with another hero student whose clothes fell off any time he used his quirk."

"Ok, how much hair do they need?" I asked.

"Just a few strands. They have good enough technology that they'll be able to replicate enough of your DNA to weave it into your entire suit," Aizawa explained.

I nodded and pulled on a couple loose strands, wincing as they ripped out of my head. "Here you go!" I said, handing the hairs to Aizawa.

He rolled his eyes and grabbed a bag before taking the hairs and putting them in it. "By the way, do you need to talk to anyone about what happened with Stain? I'm sure that it's had a very negative impact on your mental health," he said.

I smiled softly, "I appreciate your concern, but I'm ok. If anything you should probably ask Midoriya, Iida, and Todoroki if they're ok. They're the ones who saw it happen."

"You could still benefit from it. No rational person would expect a 15 year old girl to be ok with knowing that she technically died," he stated.

"Well, it's nothing that I haven't dealt with before!" I said quickly, not really thinking about my answer.

A pit of lead formed in my stomach as I realized what I said. Aizawa's eyes narrowed, "You've died before?"

'I said too much,' I thought to myself as my stomach dropped. I nervously smiled and said, "D-did I say that? I m-meant that it's nothing I can't handle!"

He stared at me for another moment and sighed, "If you insist... but I will be keeping my eye on you. If I see anything suspicious, I'm making you see the school counsellor. Got it?"