Chapter Thirteen

Pedri's POV

The last couple of days have been so surreal that I'm now waking up next to Zoe and the way she's holding onto me makes me smile like an idiot. We still need to talk. We need to make sure we don't go back to old mistakes but right now I just don't care. I just care about her being by my side. Or about how she stayed with me at the hospital. And about how she did my celebration after her goal, not caring about who saw it. She really meant it when she told me how she felt and it feels unbelievable. Even if it's harder to understand for me, I can learn to accept she deals with emotions differently. And even if she can't tell me how she feels, she is showing me through her actions.
Zoe is a woman of extremes. That much is obvious. And I like being on the receiving end of her extremes when it means she likes me. It feels better than anything else I've felt before.

We haven't really cared about the reaction to her celebration but there must have been one. I'm almost scared to look at Twitter but I want to see it first. To protect Zoe from the worst of it. Because no matter how tough she is, these things hurt.

"Well, now we know why Odegaard punched Pedri".

-> "Right? 🤣 "

-> "Imagine being sent off at a Champions League match because your ex is shagging someone else now".

"Is she going to get a new boyfriend on each team? There's a name for that".

-> "Leave her alone".

-> "And always goes for the famous ones. Loves the attention that one".

-> "More famous for her boyfriends than the titles she's won".

"Lol, she downgraded".

I close my eyes. Not that I expected better but I hate it. And I can imagine Instagram is even worse. But I didn't expect to find a DM from Odegaard there.

[odegaard.98]: please don't hurt her. You don't understand how special she is. How lucky you are.

[odegaard.98]: and sorry I punched you, I guess.

But I do. I'm so lucky she finds me special enough to be with me. That she allows herself to be vulnerable when she's with me. I still don't fully understand how hard that is for her but I already know it means a lot.

I look down at Zoe when I notice her moving. I could stare at her sleepy face for the rest of my life.

"Staring is creepy".

"Good morning to you too", I laugh.

"Not good until you give me a kiss".

"Well, that's easy to fix".

I move the hair away from her face before leaning down to kiss her. This is definitely improving my morning too.

"What were you doing?"

"Checking social media".

"How bad is it?"

"It doesn't matter, does it?"

"That bad?", she laughs and I shake my head.

"What do you want to do? About us and people finding out?"

"Pedri, we don't own people shit. We do our thing and people can talk about whatever they want. I'm not doing official posts on Instagram or whatever. I didn't with Martin and when people found out it was fine".

"Ok".

"You can stop flinching whenever I say his name too, by the way. He's nicer than what you've experienced".