6. The sound of her voice

The next day, I wake up with tiny bits of the dream I just had still dancing in my mind. I close my eyes, trying to remember... Rachel, naked with tears running down her face... Blood on her hands... My blood... I vaguely recall Florence being there too for some reason... I open my eyes as the images start fading away. Of course I'd dream about Rachel after what happened last night, but Florence ?... I shake my head, trying to make sense of the fragments of my dream. My phone rings, breaking my train of thought and sending the last pieces of my dream into oblivion. I pick up my cell phone and answer it.

"Hello", I say.

"Hello, handsome", Florence's voice answers.

I open my mouth, a bit taken aback, as I feel a bit of warmth rising in my chest at the sound of her voice.

"O-oh, it's you. What's up ?", I ask.

"You sound surprised to hear me... Were you waiting for a call ?", she inquires.

"No, not at all. I just thought it was... Well, let's say something happened last night. I had a threesome with Ava and Clara, and... Sorry, I kinda feel like not talking about that yet. Maybe it's too soon. I don't know.", I explain.

"... Oh. I hope that's not too bad ?", she asks.

"Yeah, me too. We didn't have time to see each other since then though, so I really don't know."

"Okay, I understand. Anyway, to answer your question, I'm really liking it in here. My folks live in a nice house in the middle of nowhere, you see, and I don't know, it just feels so refreshing getting out of town for a while... Also it's been so long since the last time I'd seen Olivia ! I missed her so much !"

I can't help but smile at Florence's enthusiasm.

"Olivia ?", I ask.

"Ah yes, sorry, she's the family dog ! She's so cute, with her big ears and everything... You know what, as soon as we end the call, I'll send you some pictures !", she says excitedly.

"Can't wait ! I'm glad to hear you're having such a great time."

"Awww, thanks ! Alright, gotta go. Goodbye, handsome !"

"See you soon !", I reply as I hang up, feeling way happier now than when I just woke up.

I step into the shower and come out several minutes later to check my messages. As promised, Florence sent me two pictures, the first one showing her hugging a beautiful beagle, with a huge smile on her face. So cute ! I laugh at the second one in which she's holding up the big ears of a confused Olivia. I go to the kitchen to grab some food. I feel like I should let some time pass before reaching out to Clara or even Ava so I spend the rest of the day chilling in my flat, playing video games and watching TV. The sun sets and I soon go to bed before falling asleep to a dreamless night.