Chapter Twenty Five

Ingrid woke up early on the day of her departure, feeling a mix of excitement and anticipation. She had been looking forward to this visit to the countryside, especially since Charlotte had invited her to stay at their grandparents' estate. As she got ready, she carefully packed her belongings, making sure not to forget anything essential for her stay.

Her personal maid, Beatrice, assisted her with dressing and ensured that Ingrid looked impeccable for her journey. Ingrid chose a comfortable yet elegant outfit, perfect for a day of travel and relaxation in the countryside.

As Ingrid made her way downstairs, she could already smell the delicious aroma of breakfast wafting through the halls. The servants were busy preparing a scrumptious morning meal to send her off with a full stomach.

The dining room was adorned with elegant table settings, and the aroma of freshly prepared dishes filled the air. The family gathered around the table, ready to start their day together.

Ingrid's parents, Lady Delacroix and Lord Delacroix, sat at the head of the table, radiating an air of grace and dignity. Ingrid took her place beside her brother, Alexander, who had just returned from a morning ride. He greeted Ingrid with a warm smile, and she reciprocated, feeling happy to see him.

As they began to eat, the conversation flowed effortlessly. Ingrid's parents inquired about her plans for the day, expressing their hope that she would have a wonderful time during her visit to the countryside.

As they savored the last bites of their breakfast, Ingrid's parents turned their attention to her upcoming visit to Charlotte's grandparents' estate. Lady Delacroix smiled warmly, "I'm glad you'll be spending time with your dear friends, Ingrid. It's always good to have a change of scenery and catch up with those you hold close to your heart."

Lord Delacroix nodded in agreement, "Indeed, spending time with friends can be rejuvenating. And visiting Charlotte's grandparents' estate sounds like a delightful way to spend your summer break."

Alexander, who had been quietly listening, finally spoke up, "Take care during your visit, Ingrid."

Ingrid nodded gratefully, "I will, Alexander. I'm really looking forward to seeing them again."

Lady Delacroix added, "Make the most of this time, dear."

As breakfast came to an end, Ingrid's mother offered some final words of advice, "Be kind, be safe, and be true to yourself, my dear. Have a wonderful visit, and we'll be eagerly waiting for your return."

Ingrid hugged her family tightly, feeling their love and encouragement enveloping her. With excitement and anticipation in her heart, she bid her family farewell, knowing that she would carry their love and support with her on her journey.

As Ingrid's carriage continued its journey towards the countryside, the sky slowly darkened, and a cool breeze swept through the air. Ingrid noticed a few raindrops gently tapping on the carriage's window, signaling the approaching change in weather. She felt a sense of excitement at the prospect of experiencing the rain's serenity in the countryside.

The countryside transformed before her eyes, becoming even more enchanting under the rain's embrace. The lush green fields sparkled with the raindrops, and the flowers seemed to bow with gratitude for the much-needed shower. The scent of damp earth filled the air, adding to the sensory delight of the moment.

The once gentle drizzle had turned into a torrential downpour, and the wind howled fiercely around the carriage. Ingrid could feel the carriage swaying and lurching as it navigated the muddy and slippery roads.

As Ingrid's carriage journey continued, the weather showed no signs of relenting. The rain poured relentlessly, making the roads treacherously slippery. The wind howled, and the carriage swayed dangerously with each gust. The driver's efforts to keep the horses steady were valiant, but the conditions were too severe to control.