A phone started ringing, she held a hand up to my face before pulling out her phone. "I'll be back." She faced Daniel with a soft look. "Just stay for a while, Waver." She then turned to me, her gaze not as harsh anymore. "You too, we'll talk about this later."

I was now left with uncomfortable silence, several gazes laid heavy on me as I remained standing tall, not letting it get to me.

Not long after, one of them broke the silence with one loud clap. It was the guy with tanned skin, dark brown hair, and a typical athlete physique. "Alright everyone get your gears! We don't want coach kicking our ass now do we?" That single statement had carried weight as the heavy tension slowly faded, now replaced with laughter. The lack of scornful eyes finally gave me a chance to breathe.

I sat down on one of the benches, looking down on the floor as I let my mind wander to pass the time.

"Hey." I quickly jolted my head to the familiar voice. It was Daniel, looking down with the same embarrassed look he'd make after squashing his cockiness.

"You should gear up too." He said to me but he was facing anywhere but me.

"There's no need, I'm quitting anyways."

"Coach told you to stay for now, you're not an exception in getting your ass beaten especially when it's you." He nagged. It was rare to get a nagging from someone like Daniel, even if it sounded more like he was trying to get into my nerves like he always does.

But it was nice to know he cared to some degree.

Not having the energy to argue back, I grumbled. "Alright, fine..." I went uncomfortably silent for a few long seconds. Countless words filled my head but not a single one came out.

Promptly deciding it'd be more awkward to stare at each other in silence, I start, "And uh... Daniel...?"

He raised his eyebrow, waiting. I cleared my throat as I continued. "I really am sorry..." I uttered out. I may not be good at apologies and could even be stubborn in giving one, but I was giving him the most sincerest apology I could muster.

He nodded slightly. "I don't forgive you." My heart stopped and my face fell, I knew it was expected, but I was still hopeful.

Thinking that was it, he continued, "But I'll be open to it." He walked towards the lockers without saying anything further. Processing his words, I couldn't help but smile, this was my chance to make it up to them.

It wasn't new to have others hate me and shoot daggers at me, it's no surprise considering my personality and how envious people can be.

But the way my friends had looked, their harsh gazes imprinted in my mind, their eyes cold and full of contempt, and their sharp words effortlessly thrown in the purpose of hurting me.

It had bothered me to no end. I never want it to come to that.

I'll actually try this time, I'll try to fix things, to go back to how we used to be,

There's no way I'll mess it up again.

☄• ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊° .☆•°. *࿐

I sat on the benches as I watched everyone warming up. The entire time my eyes were following a familiar brunette, the same guy from the hospital. He seemed to be the captain of the team by the way the others were following him around like little chicks and listening to his every word.

Just by seeing him now and then he was completely different from Archer,

So why is my memory telling me the guy who'd helped me last night was THE Archer Clint?