Chapter 7 Old Wound's Reopened

Start from the beginning

Jokotsu: I envy your ignorance, General. But not your reckless abandon.

After saying this with a straight face and blunt tone, Jokotsu started to pull his blade out of the dying Turian General.

Jokotsu: I tried to give you ample time to surrender, but it's clear you won't back down. So you'll get what you want. A Quick Death.

Once Jokotsu said this he fully pulled out his blade causing the Turian General to fall to his knees and finally fall over dead. Soon after Jokotsu pulled out a rag and wiped the blood off his blade. Taking this opportunity to quickly end this Duel, Tevos tried to wrap things up.

Tevos: It seems the Duel has come to a-.

Jokotsu quickly interrupted her as he had other plans than just a Duel. Something that was more than obvious to You and the STG.

Jokotsu: While my Duel has concluded it is far from the last one.

The Turian Consuler, Laiel Sparatus, was quick to point out that this wasn't a part of the deal.

Image From Fandom Wiki

Laiel: Outrageous! You promised only one duel and now you demand more!? Is it, not enough that you accepted this Reducalious Duel in the first place!?

He shouted angrily as he felt Jokotsu was stepping over plenty of boundaries already and getting away with it Scott-free. While you know a part of this is mainly because Jokotsu is a Human and Laiel has been pretty vocal about your kind. You can understand where he was coming from. It would be like if you asked someone for a meal and then demanded they hand over their car afterward. Aka, a bit of a dick move. One that they seemingly can't prevent.

Jokotsu: Consular, You know as well as I that your opinion does not matter when all of you went behind my back with the Alliance to choose a Spectre.

Tevos tried to rationalize their reasoning with Jokotsu's lack of availability.

Tevos: We tried to contact you on this matter, but you were unavailable at the time.

The Salarian Consular, Bensin Valern tried to back up their claims with the assumption that this decision was beneath him. Obviously, you found this odd as you'd figure the Counsel had some sort of authority over One Human General. Guess you thought wrong.