9

1984

i'm all alone now. i don't know if they can hear me, but the holes are growing. someone please help me what is wrong!?

- from m

maxs pov (1984)

i sit on my bed with a pen and a paper laying in front of me. i don't know what to write, but i'm doing this just incase something goes...wrong. these dreams i've been happening are so scary i just wanna be prepared.
i pick up the pencil and balance the paper on my knee to be able to write.

1984

sooo i'm writing this just because i'm kinda scared... i know it's probably nothing and i'm overreacting which i usually do but i just feel like i need to. i feel so empty inside and i'm trying to fight it but i know that the things i saw have to be true. so if it does, i want this letter to be shared with the party. lucas, mike, will, and dustin. i love you guys so much, i just met you guys but you already mean so much to me i can't explain it. so here's a section for all of you:

lucas: i love you a lot, you've made me feel really welcome, i know it's only been a few months but you are so nice and amazing to me. i'm sorry that i might be gone so soon and i just met you but i wanted to say this to you just so you know, i love you lucas and i always will.

will: i haven't had much experience with you and i still don't know what happened in the woods but you are such a caring and supportive friend i'm so happy i have you. you have open my eyes to so many things i love you.

mike: you don't like me much but i wanted to say that the times you did accept me, you were an amazing and funny person that is so accepting of other people. i understand why you don't like me, i'm new and weird but i promise i'm not as bad as i seem.

dustin: you are such a funny and happy person your whole personality is so fun and chaotic. you mean so much to me dusty bun and i'm so glad i could meet you and be friends with you while i'm still here.

this is probably just me overreacting but you can never be to sure. i love you guys so much and if i'm ever gone, please remember me.

-from max

i put down my pencil and reread what i read as a tear rolls down my cheek, almost dripping to the paper. i hope i'm overreacting and this won't actually happen. i've always been a bitch and hated myself but when i look at it... i have a lot to live for and people to be here for. so i really hope it was just a bad dream and i'll be fine. i tuck the letter under my pillow, lay down, and shut my eyes.

maxs pov (1985)

day 404, i wish that letter was true. i wish none of this happened. i'm so fucking done. "IM SO FUCKING DONE!! I FUCKING HATE EVERYTHING I COULD HAVE GOTTEN OUT BUT IM SUCH A FUCKING DUMBASS" i scream as i pull my hair and kick the water bellow me. i can't do this. i fucking hate my life. WHY ME?? WHAT DID I FUCKING DO TO DESERVE THIS? I WAS A NORMAL FUCKING GIRL, WITH NORMAL FRIENDS, WITH A FUCKED UP BUT NORMAL FAMILY, WHAT DID I DO?? i need to get out. right fucking now.

"MAX!?" the feminine voice yells as i jolt up from my spot

"WHO ARE YOU!??" i scream so they can hear me

"MAX!?? the voice repeats, i don't think it heard me.

"IM RIGHT HERE!!" i scream again. i hear a slight sigh from the person yelling, as if they had given up. i get up and start running to where to voice was coming from. i run and run until i see movement in the water that isn't mine. a figure appears from the dark void walls to reveal a beautiful girl with brown eyes and brown hair that falls to her shoulders. she had a purple shirt with black shorts that fell above her knees.

"m-max...mayfield?" she asks in a whisper. i open my mouth slightly to talk but nothing comes out. i was...found?

"...y-yes" i mumble as tears stream down my face. i run to her as i almost jump into her arms, i hadn't felt a real human in over a year. she tightly hugs me back as she runs her hand down my damp hair.

"it's ok, i'm going to get you out."

"who are you? and why did you find me?" i ask, confused

"i found your picture...i'm jane, jane hopper." i look up from her shoulder to her freckled face, i remember her.

"jane...? the hallway girl..." i say with a slight smile

"i-i remember you...max."

————————-
A/N: they finally met🎉🎉