Chapter 8

:O wow Long time no seeeeee. Honestly I just wanted to take a break for a while but I'm back! I've got some motivation to write. hopefully next update won't be months away...sorry. It's good to be back I've missed you guys. N E Way enjoy this kinda short chapter?

I looked up to see a very pretty girl with sparkling brown eyes. She had brown wavy hair that went down to her collar bone clad in jeans and a Michigan State sweatshirt. She looked so familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Hey, Josie, did Danny get back okay? I know he left pretty late." Sam inquired.

I realized why she looked so familiar, she looks identical to Danny. I connected the dots to figure out that the girl was Danny's sister. I felt my jealousy simmer down, not understanding why it was there in the first place and gave her a kind smile. I continued to look at the menu even though I knew exactly what I wanted to get. I just didn't want to intrude on their conversation.

"Oh, this is June." Sam gestured to me.

"Hi" I said awkwardly, giving her a tight lipped smile. I felt guilty for feeling jealous only moments before. Luckily Sam was there to carry on the conversation as he usually does.

"She is staying at her aunt's house, Mrs. Jenkins, the art teacher." he speaks easily. "We were actually thinking about having a bonfire tonight if you want to come. Me and the twins are actually going to sleep in our own beds tonight. As much as we love staying at Mrs. Jenkins house, I'm pretty sure she would love to have some time with her niece." Sam continued.

Suddenly Josie's name was called for her pick up order. She said her goodbyes and picked up her food and left. I never got the story of why the boys stay in my aunt's house and was planning on asking them but never had the right timing to.

"I wasn't able to ask you why you guys stay in my aunt's house. I mean you have a whole decorated room so you must stay there often." I asked him

Before he could answer he was cut off for the second time by the waiter. She had gorgeous silver hair which she had put into a bun. Her deep red glasses framed her frail face and made her silver eyes pop.

" What can I get you beautiful people to drink?" she said in a cheery tone.

I looked at Sam for him to go first but all he did was nudge his head for me to continue.

"I mean I'm ready to order if you are" I said not wanting our future conversation to be cut off again. He gave a simple nod and I continued.

" Can I have a rootbeer float drink and the veggie club sandwich to eat please."

She quickly wrote down the order and turned her attention to Sam.

" I'll just have water and a club sandwich as well...regular. Please." Sam said, referring to my choice of a veggie club.

" I'll put that right in and be back soon with your drinks." she said hurriedly walking away to serve other customers.

I turned back to Sam to continue the conversation that got cut off before it could even start. I could see what I was getting at.

"It's really not a long story but it's kind of a fun one. My mom and your aunt are the bestest of friends. Your aunt's house was her childhood house until she bought it and my house was my moms childhood house until my dad bought it for her as a post wedding gift. Therefore me and my brothers grew up staying at her house a lot and she babysat us for a while since she never had kids. I think we are the reason she didn't. We spent so much time over there it probably felt like she already did." Sam spoke honestly.

I couldn't help but notice that when he talks and threads his hands through his hair when he's figuring out what to say or when you can see his pupils dilated when he's retelling a story.

Our drinks came as fast as our waitress said they would. She set down my tall glass filled with scoops of ice cream along with the can of root beer then the water to sam. Setting straws on the table, she told us our food would be out shortly. I made my root beer float slowly not wanting the sudsy foam at the top to overflow. As I was doing so I could see Sam slowly drinking his water eyeing me.

" you can have some if you'd like. I probably won't drink all of it anyway so I don't mind." I mentioned.

I could see the color come out of him and a small smile broke his lips.

" Really? I don't want to spoil it for you." He sweetly questioned.

" I'm sure, the waiter gave us two straws anyway." I returned the kindness.

I would have never done this with someone I just met, I'm somewhat of a food hoarder. Not many people get the privilege of sharing food with me, however, something about Sam just brings a sense of lightness. He felt like taking a deep breath after not realizing you were holding it. He was becoming my air.

~I've been wounded before~