chapter 2

A/N: sorry this is kind of late... Hope everyone is doing good! It's snowing where I am rn and I'm really happy. A little get to know me is I'm a Virgo:)

The drive was fairly quick but the feeling of Sam's arms still lingered after we got out. I assumed we were in the middle of town due to people crowding the streets. The street was decorated with Christmas lights, decorations, and a fine layer of snow.

" Wow, It's beautiful". I gleamed

" This is one thing to know about Frankenmuth, is that we have to largest Christmas market in the world," Josh shared as he put his hand around my shoulder.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Sam huff and rolled his eyes...weird.

    As we walked Josh still had his arm around my shoulder, If I was being honest, I wished it was Sam's. I haven't even been here for a full 24 hours but I find him cute. Sure the twins and Danny are attractive, but Sam really caught my eye. He kind of reminds me of jesus.... That's creepy.. Never mind.

"So... Where are we going to eat." I asked.

Sam quickly jumped in staring at Josh while he put his arm around my other shoulder. Josh seemed to get the memo and let go but trailed closely behind. I could hear Josh ask Jake what his problem is. Jake just said he's a hormonal teenager. That made me giggle a little.

" We are going to the best Polish pub in Frankenmuth! We are Polish, you know."Sam said enthusiastically.

" Too bad I'm German then" I counteracted 

He let a little giggle escape his soft slips. " The real question is if you think Polish Polkas are better than German Polkas."

" That's an obvious answer: German." I said with a joking tone

" You might just be my worst enemy," Sam shot back.

" I don't know about that, Pretty Boy." Immediately after I said that a hand went straight to my mouth. I can't believe I just said that. I literally just met him not even four hours ago. I looked back at him and he was smiling with a slight blush across his face and ears. Josh being the mediator he is cut in.

" We are hereeeeeee!" he said, jumping with excitement. "Who's ready to get drunk."

" You are literally in highschool" I said monotonously.

Sam leaned in and said, " The owner knows us because we play here so we get drinks on the house."

" play here?" I asked him. He looked at me bewildered.

He put his hand over his chest dramatically and said, " you don't know the best band in all of Michigan? Greta Van Fleet!"

I shook my head no, giggling.

" What a shame, what a shame," he said giggling while opening the door for me to walk in. The loud music filled my ears along with the scent of alcohol and smoke. I turned to see Jake and Josh already talking to the bartender trying to pry for drinks. The bartender was giggling at Josh's antics. Wiggling his eyebrow and winking while Jake was just trying to bribe with money.

" Hey, Danny found us a table if you want to sit down?" Sam leaned down to say into my ear due to the loud music. I gave him a nod and he led me to the table. The pub was pretty cozy. There were only about sixteen tables with a bar on the left side and a stage right next to it. There were plates all over the walls and the ceilings.we made it to the table, and the chair squeaked as I sat down, seeming fairly old.

" What are the plates for?" I asked not anyone in particular.

Danny responded with a whole story about how if you perform in the pub you are given a plate and they hang it up. There were also different colored plates based on drinking challenges. He  explained that green was five pints of beer, eight was blue, and ten was black. If you could stomach anymore than that you weren't human.

I've never been much of a partier. Back in New Orleans I mainly focused on my school work, and that was it. I did nothing but wake up, go to school, come home and study, then repeat. I had no social life. The thought of moving here was frightening to say the least. I knew everything would change, so I made a challenge for myself: have fun. If that means getting drunk with a group of boys I just met so be it.

    Jake and Josh finally came back to the table with a handful of beers. They sat down and passed one to each person at the table. I was sitting next to Sam, Danny in front of me, Jake next to him, and Josh at the head of the table.

" So Sam was explaining that you guys are in a band." I spoke after taking a sip of my beer.

" Yeah, Jake actually wanted to start it and we just all joined in." Danny said

Jake then pointed to the back of the pub to the wall just right of the stage. There was a picture hanging and from the looks of it, it was them.

" yeah, we just kind of grew up with music and everything just fell into place, we are regular players here so we have our picture hung up."

" What do you guys play?" I asked

" Danny plays the drums, Jake plays the guitar, Sam plays the bass, and I play vocals." Josh said pointing to each one of them as he said what they did in the band.

" You can't play vocals, Josh," Sam said sarcastically.

" Well you all play something, so I play the vocals, Sam" Josh retorted.

I snort at that. Just sitting here I can already tell who the characters of the group are. As we continue drinking, I feel myself at peace. I think this is where I'm meant to be.

~Can I believe you~