Am I dead?

Am I dead?

I yelled but no sound came out of my mouth. My body was....breathing? My body woke up and stared at me.
"Who are you, you imposter?!" My body yelled. What was going on?!

I spotted a large cracked mirror in the corner of the room and dragged myself towards it. I saw Chloe's reflection staring back at me. Now, I was aware of my surroundings, I noticed the storage room was different. Chloe was in my body, trembling and struggling to keep my raven black hair out of my- her face. Even if she was my enemy, we were in this mess together. I consoled her and we exited the room. What we saw next shocked us.

We had swapped bodies and teleported to our middle school! We walked in the hallway and saw posters for art exhibitions on soft boards. I hate that event. Chloe stared at the poster. I, too, looked closer. There were some pictures, the classes, and the dates. It was 2023, then why was it written '2019'?

The whole world came crashing down when we realized that we had time-traveled! We tried to keep calm, went to our class and sat in our seats.

It was time for recess.

~~~

Marie entered the class. Although Chloe was glaring at her, I could see her hands trembling. Marie's forearm had a strike of black paint on it. I chuckled slightly. She was the clumsiest girl I knew.

"Have you both swapped seats? Anyways, I wanted help with badminton. Could you come with me, Chloe."She asked sweetly. Why did her sweetness seem fake?

Chloe's eyes widened. She knew something. Marie looked confused when she stood up.