"I what?" Alya asked. And at the same time Lando said "You what?" 

"Yeah you kissed him and then Charles came along and the whole 'why'd you punch him' drama, and then he brought you back here" Pierre explained. "You don't remember?" he asked, seeing her shocked face.

"No I don't remember!" she said. 

"Charles brought you back?" Lando asked. "I thought you didn't like him"

"I don't!" she replied.

"Then why'd you let him bring you back? What happened?" 

"I don't remember" she panicked. "I don't know. I need to talk to Carlos and find Charles" she said, taking her phone out.

"Well, Charles is right there" Lando said. When she looked up she saw the man across the lobby freeze. She walked up to him.

"You punched Carlos?!" she asked, upset.

"Hi, goodmorning to you too chérie" he said.

"Don't call me that"

"That's not what you said last night" he winked. Her eyes widened.

"What?" she asked, scared.

"I'm kidding" he said immediately, seeing her on the verge of freaking out.

"Fucking hell you scared me." she said. "Don't ever say anything like that again"

"Okay" he shrugged. "I thought it was funny." She just glared at him. "Okay, sorry, jeez"

"What happened last night?" 

"Nothing"

"What do you mean nothing, they told me you punched Carlos"

"Oh that" he nodded. "Yeah, I punched Carlos"

"Why?" she insisted.

"I don't know"

"You don't know" she raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms.

"I don't know" he repeated in a mocking tone. Then he rolled his eyes and sighed, seeing that she wasn't going to leave anytime soon. "He was kissing you while you were drunk - like 'I don't know my name' level of drunk - and I don't like when that happens. So, I punched him"

Her jaw dropped. Did he do something - well something shitty, actually - but for a good cause? 

"You know words exist, you could've just said something" she said.

"Sure, cause you two would've heard me over the music" he scoffed.

"You had no right-"

"Oh stop it. He did something wrong and I did something to stop it. You're not happy with it? Fine. But don't come at me because I tried to not make you feel guilty in the morning. Next time have sex with him, but don't whine about it after" he said.

"Have-" she shaked her head. "I wasn't going to have sex with him!"

"It didn't seem like that by the way he was grabbing your hips" he insisted.

"I- well, that's none of your business!"

"Fine, next time I won't stop it" he shrugged.

"There won't be a next time"

"Believe me, there will be" he said cockily. 

"What is that supposed to mean?!" He just shrugged in response. She dropped the topic.

"And then what happened? Why did you bring me back to the hotel?" she asked.

"You were drunk, I wasn't, I brought you back" he said, uninterested. "It's no big deal" 

"Why did you do it though?" she insisted.

"God you're insufferable. I don't know, I don't care. I did it, there's no going back. That's it. I helped you put on you pijamas, I removed your make up and I brushed your teeth. Big deal. Will you let me leave now?"

"You helped me with my clothes?" she asked, feeling the heat rushing to her cheeks.

"Don't worry, I didn't see anything if that's what you're worried about" he said.

"Why did you do something so nice for me?" 

"A second ago you were angry because I punched your friend"

"He's your friend too" she said. "But that's not the point"

"Exactly, it isn't. Let me live now, please" he said. "You're exhausting" he complained, walking towards the front desk. 

She just stood there. She was exhausting? What about him, with all the perfect chivalry he was acting up? He was unbearable. Why did he think he was entitled to do anything? 

Although, the thought he could be right about saying she was insufferable kept being in her mind for the whole train ride to London. What if she was annoying? What was she doing? 

What was she supposed to do about Carlos?