What a pretty cover!...Not really.

No, your cover isn't always pretty. Wanna know why? Because it's just an pretty image with a text. That's it.

Did you cut the image, added textures, added brushes, change the colors, edited the text to make a cool effect? No? Then that's a really pretty image! Oh and nice default text by the way. Wait, it took you an hour? To do what? Find that image? Oh wow, good for you! Do you want a cookie or something? No? You want praises for it? Well, good job finding the image! Beautiful image! Wait a minute! I seen that picture before...wait here while I look it up in the internet...

5 mins later...

Oh look! It belongs to a Deviantart ARTIST! Who took over ten hours to create the idea, sketched it, drew it, edited it, paint it, retouched it and finally published it for you to see! And here you are...with that beautiful cover that you 'made'...with a text on it.

(╬ಠ益ಠ) WHAT DA FUCKKKKKKKKKKK? (I even put a Japanese emot just to show you the nature of this sentence! Dis shit is serious!)

Sure, you can play around with those images and try to poke them and place text on them to learn, but you cross the line when you give it that image for someone to use as a cover and tell them to give you a credit...

"Yooooo, I made dis mona lisa and placed ma catch phrase on it, so if ya use it - ya better gimme all da credit, bitchhhhh!" (☼Д☼) (evil face)

No, dude. Staph! Your ruining the gravity the the dark hole's asshole, hence killing our planet earth (what?)! Don't do that.

This goes for the people who uses "free vectors" as well. No I'm not pointing fingers at vectors that is something small that you can incorporate onto your cover like a star, flower or a ribbon but like a whole fucking image that is ready to use as a freaking background/wallpaper/wallpaper!!! That vector has everything already made, but you go there and add a fancy text and say - "I MADE DIS VECTO000RRR COO000OVERRRRR!!!LOOK AT DIS! DIS IS MINE. DIS VECTOR COVER IZ MADE BY MEEEHH!"

No. Again, no. ψ(*`ー')ψ <----- my pitchfork is ready for your ass!

PLEASE

DO

NOT

DO

THIS

SHIT!

Thank you! Come again! <3

Conclusion: Please try not to take images that are already manipulated or you didn't edit. I understand not everyone has photoshop but try not to be ignorant. You can play around with these images to learn but don't take credit for 'making' them.

Edit: I have been thinking, and there are some times just a simple image would be great for a cover.. (besides practicing) and that is when you buy the stock with real money for professional work, usually the cover maker designs the text as the main art! c: