Chapter 5: Geto's Decision

~August 2007~

.

.

.

"Here we go." Shoko said as she threw an eraser while Geto threw a pencil at Gojo. His infinity stopped them in midair before Gojo grabbed them both.

"Yeah, it's working."

"Ugh, what the heck was that?"

"Automatic selection of targets for your jujutsu technique?" Geto said.

"Yup." replied Gojo to his friends, "Though to be precise, I'm the target for the technique. I've automated what I used to do manually. Now it can discern an object's danger level based on the strength of its cursed energy, its mass, its velocity, and its shape. I'd like to get it to discern poisons, too, but that's still proving difficult. This will allow me to keep my Limitless technique active almost perpetually with minimal resources."

"Having it perpetually active will fry your brain." Shoko commented.

"But I can also keep running the reverse cursed technique with the energy I generate on my own. So, I'm constantly giving it a fresh brain to work with." Gojo began to move the pencil in his hand while still explaining, "I'd already been working on shortening my hand seals. That's nailed now, too. So I can also activate multiple instances of Blue and Red simultaneously. The only remaining hurdles are Domain Expansion and teleportation over long distances. I should be able to get that down if we set up some curses without any obstacles in Jujutsu High. Shoko, could you lend me some lab rats?"

"Uh..." As Shoko was about to answer Gojo, he suddenly sensed something dangerous coming towards him. He turned his head around and saw a sharp knife stop a mere away from his face because of his infinity.

"What the heck?" Gojo mumbled before he quickly recognized the color of the residual around the knife. "Oh, it's (Y/N)."

You teleported out from your hiding spot, clapping your hands at his correct guessing. "That's correct."

"But next time, throw something that isn't sharp, please."

"Okay..." You suddenly came to his side before slapping his head. "But I can still get through your infinity no matter what."

Gojo laughed loudly while rubbing the pain on his head before he noticed Geto's exhausted face. "Suguru, have you lost weight? You okay?"

You turned your head and noticed the same. Geto went silent for a minute before he replied back with his head shaking, "It's just heat fatigue. I'll be fine."

"Did you eat too much somen?" Gojo jokingly asked before he got smacked on the head again. "Ouch! You have to stop doing that!"

"His head is all over the place because of you!" You pointed your finger at his face. "Give him space!"

Geto chuckled lightly at you two before you asked him. "But seriously, Suguru... you're not okay. Perhaps you need some blue cheese and coffee again, refreshing your throat."

"No!" Geto quickly cut you off. "I told you I'm fine. Don't need for that."

"Is it that bad?" Shoko asked with head tilting. Gojo had already told her about the competition you had in Okinawa and she enjoyed it.

"You've better not try it out, Shoko." You replied with a hand waving to her. "You may want to clean your tongue after that."

"Hm-mm." Shoko hummed, head nodding before Gojo spoke to her.