After the war 💗

Start from the beginning

──── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ────

A walk at midnight is refreshing, and now that there aren't any demons on the loose, he can enjoy walking out at night without getting paranoid about demons.

"Genya wait up, where are you going?" Someone called out to him from behind.

It was Muichiro, which looked completely different. For starters, he wasn't in his corps uniform anymore.

He had a warm black - turquoise tinted jacket, with a white t-shirt underneath, a mist-patterned scarf covered his neck, and his hair was tied up into a messy bun

"I couldn't sleep so I wanted to take a walk outside," he replied, his eyes still locked onto the bun that held the shorter boy's hair in place.

Muichiro clung onto the taller's sleeve "Do you want to come to come with me?"

Genya tried to keep his balance after Muichiro jumped at him to hold his arm "It depends where we're going."

"I remembered where I used to live a couple of weeks ago. I want to visit that place" Muichiro replies, still clinging onto Genya's arm.

"Alright, let's go." Muichiro had a blank expression but when the sparkle in his eyes flickered, Genya knew he was happy to walk to his old home with someone.

The cold air made the shorter one shiver. And Genya noticed this, "Where is your hand?" he asked, Muichiro looking at him in confusion - completely offended. "Gone, cut off by my ancestor."

"God damn it, Tokitou." Genya grabbed the other's surviving hand and held it tightly, Muichiro blushing as he did so.

"Please call me by my first name..." Muichiro asks, to which Genya nodded "Alright then, Muichiro."

"Genya?" Genya hummed in reply "Let's just go to my old home tomorrow, We can use the time we have to... hmm.. maybe hang out?"

"Are you sure?" Genya asked, his grip on the other's hand tightened.

"Can we sit by a river instead? we could go star gazing or cloud watching..." Muichiro asks, still clinging to the taller one's sleeve.

"Alright, lead the way."

───── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ─────

"What do you plan on doing now that Muzan is gone?" Asked the former mist pillar,

"What Nemi always wanted me to do." Muichiro tilted his head, his hand still trembling from the cold.

"And that is?"

"Get married and start a family?" Genya mumbled loud enough for the other to hear.

Muichiro's lips formed a frown, "You plan on marrying someone?" Genya nodded.

Muichiro looked down and started fidgeting, he seemed to be deep in thought.

He liked Genya for a while now, his heart shattered into millions of pieces after he said that he will marry someone soon,

"But I like you" He muttered to himself. Unfortunately for him, Genya heard what he muttered. "You do?" Genya asked, his cheeks tinted an unhealthy shade of red.

"Huh?" Muichiro replies before he finally processed what he meant. "Wait what- huh- you heard- I- I mean- maybe-? Yes-" He stuttered, his face also turning bright red.

Genya chuckled at Muichiro getting all flustered, The taller boy can reciprocate the other's feelings for him.

After all, he liked him too.

"I like you too." Muichiro was still staring at the older male in shock. "You do?!" he asked, impatiently waiting for his response. "Why yes I do." he chuckled.

"Then, Are we together?" Muichiro asked, tilting his head. "That is if you are willing to let me be the one for you."

"Well then, I'm ready to be the one to wake you up in the mornings," Muichiro replied,

"If so, then I'm ready to make happy memories with you, forever and more." Muichiro chuckled, staring into the other's lavender eyes.

"Hold my hand, Genya" Genya's warm and A bit rough hand held the other's "And stay with me," Muichiro added, Genya smiled - a warm one.

"I am willing to stay by you till the day I die."

♡♡

╚═ .✾. ═╝

Genya ran back home with a completely red face - his hand didn't forget the warm sensation that once held it.

As Genya opened the door to their house, Sanemi greeted him with a smug look on his face. "So you did find someone after all."

Sanemi smiled, finally - they finally had the taste of the life they had always wanted.