Kiss Counselor (Normani x You)

Start from the beginning

"Okay so...what exactly do you need my help for?"

"I though you'd never ask, one second," she said before leaning down over her backpack to pull out her iPad. She turned it on and tapped the screen a few times before flipping it around to show me. "Okay, so here's the plan," she began but I cut her off almost immediately.

"When did you even find the time to do this?" I inquired as I looked at the screen with 'Date DK' scrawled at the top in calligraphy followed by a bunch of individual boxes filled with bullet points.

"My love life is way more important than that stupid ass one credit graduation requirement class we have to take. Now, back to what I was saying, I plan on making my move at the end of season party, mostly because I know for a fact he'll be there and because it gives me an excuse to be drunk. Honestly I don't think that I could pull this off sober. I don't know what I'm going to say when I approach him but once I do, he'll be smitten and we'll live happily ever after."

"And...where exactly do I fit into this elaborate plan of yours?"

She swiped and fumbled with her iPad screen until she landed on a box with 'Accomplices' written at the top in a smaller version of the main title's calligraphy script.

"Right here," she pointed to my name, "I need you to gather intel and report back to me and I'll need help with...other things along the way."

I decided I wouldn't address those vague 'other things' just yet because something else had caught my attention.

"Gather intel? How am I supposed to do that? I don't even know him."

"But you sit next to him in English class," she noted.

"Normani, no," I whined, "We haven't even really talked. The most he's done is ask me for a pencil."

"Please, Y/N, you don't even have to really pry I just want to know little things like his favorite color, what his type is, stuff like that."

"I don't know how you expect me to go from favorite color to what his ideal girl is without it being weird. And why do you want to even know his type? I hope you're not gonna change yourself based on that."

Normani's eyes seemed to go everywhere except mine before she accompanied a shake of her head with a quiet "of course not."

I could've responded to that with a scold because her change in tone was beyond incriminating, but what she decided to do for this man was none of my business, so it was best that I just change the topic.

I pointed at the title of the page on the iPad. "Is that the final title for this little...operation?"

"Eh, it's a working title. It was all I could think of that was catchy in the moment."

"Maybe you should change it to 'Down Bad for DK,' I think it's more fitting."

Normani rolled her eyes and walked away.

Despite all my disdain for this stupid plan, when English class rolled around the next day I knew I would have to find some way to get this information out of DK so that I could wash my hands of the situation. After all, that was pretty much the only thing Normani asked me to do.

Almost as if the universe understood my plight, DK decided to initiate a conversation with me so I wouldn't have to. I sat down at our two-seater table and began arranging my side to take notes when DK came in wearing a full Nike Tech set with his backpack slung over his shoulder.

"Aye, I like your shoes," he said as he sat down.

I couldn't even believe he was talking to me so I had to actually look up at him to confirm he was.