Movie Star (Part 2)

Robyn's POV

One month later

"Robyn. Are you listening?" Ciarra asked.

I quickly sat my phone down on the table and looked up to see like ten pairs of eyes on me. I had forgotten I was at a board meeting because I had made the mistake of opening Instagram. At the top of my feed was a picture of Y/N with Amala standing behind her and Solána sitting in her lap with a recording booth in the background.

The picture struck me for some reason. Maybe it was the fact that Y/N was in a musical setting and she can't even act, let alone sing, so what could SZA and Doja Cat possibly want with her? In the image, Solána was kissing the girl's cheek while Doja was cross-eyed with her arms wrapped around Y/N, who was cheesing hard as hell.

"Now I am."

Ciarra put her head in her hands and groaned.

"Come on, Rih, the Met Gala is in two weeks and the Savage show is in two months. We're behind, the advertising isn't striking the viewers the way we need it to, and you're not paying attention."

"Two weeks?" I asked in disbelief, completely disregarding the rest of that laundry list of shit she just said.

"Yep, and you're taking Y/N with you."

I let out a long groan and dropped my head onto the desk.

"Why? I go by myself every other year!"

She could tell that I was about to complain and do the absolute most, so she decided to pause the meeting and let everyone else go on their lunch break. When the room cleared out and it was just us, she continued speaking. "You and Y/N have not been seen out together since that dinner last month. We can't let the fans forget about you two together."

"Why not? I want to forget about us together."

She sighed and picked up a dry erase marker from the center of the conference table. She walked to the whiteboard at the head of the table. "Let me put it like this," she began, "This is you...and this is how much money you would make if it was just you." She drew me as a stick figure and a pile of money on the other side of the board. "Now, this is you when we bring Y/N in." Another stick figure was drawn next to me and a little heart was drawn between us. The pile of money on the side was then doubled.

"The first amount of money wasn't bad," I attempted to reason.

"Robyn, just call the girl. I'm going to go get us some food down the street. You want oxtail right?" She was trying to bribe me into not being problematic, and unfortunately, it worked.

She left me by myself in the room and I picked up my phone again and scrolled through my contacts until I found Y/N's name. I clicked the facetime icon and propped the phone up against the cup of dry erase markers. As the phone rang, I found myself staring absentmindedly at the crude drawing of Y/N and I that Ciarra had left up on the board.

'Facetime unavailable' popped up on the screen and I frowned. I know this girl wasn't ignoring me, I mean she definitely wasn't at a gig. So I called her again, just for it to ring endlessly again. Now I was really getting irritated. I called her a third time and finally she answered.