Chapter two

((Yeosang))

Yeosang entered the welcoming, warm cafe with its antique wooden furnishings, low lighting, and soft background music. He was welcomed by the strong aroma of freshly brewed tea and coffee as soon as he entered the cafe. A stunning man with blond hair who was no taller than 5'9 stood by the coffee machines and almost imitated Yeosang with his cat-like features. However, when he smiled up at Yeosang, when he noticed he had entered the café because the bell of the door began to ring more as the front door slowly closed. The gentleness in the weary eyes of the dashing blond comforted the tension Yeosang had felt at first when he had approached the counter of the cafe. Seeing the reluctant but gentle smile from the man's perfectly defined lips would ease even the most hateful souls, and the kindness was certainly contagious, as Yeosang's unsettled mood became better with a single greeting "Hello and welcome to the Ateez Cafe."

"At the moment, I am the only one on the clock, but I promise to remember to keep your coffee warm and cup full during your stay," the man says as he looked at Yeosang in awe. The blond's eyes on him didn't offend him, but it was strange considering he had just met the man. Yeosang studied the name tag attached to the blond's white dress shirt and just nodded. "San?" Yeosang questioned softly to himself as though he was familiar with the name. It seemed that San's mood improved when he heard Yeosang call his name, despite the fact that he did it quietly. "Yes?" San questioned looking visibly perplexed, about as to why Yeosang was giving his nametag an unusual look. "Can I have a cup of hot coffee with french vanilla, please?" Yeosang asked, looking ashamed at his moment of thoughtlessness. San grinned, appearing pleased with Yeosang's decision, before suddenly asking, "name?" Yeosang seemed confused so San laughs slightly before telling Yeosang it is so he can put his name in the order. Yeosang smiled awkwardly but tells San his name. San went over to make the coffee after instructing Yeosang to wait.

After giving Yeosang the coffee, San informed him that he didn't expect him to pay and that it was on the house without saying why. Since Yeosang was the only customer and it was getting very late at night, Yeosang had some strange feelings about drinking it. He worried that it would be poisoned or something insane. San sighed when Yeosang would not take it so he told Yeosang that he was offering it to him since it appeared that he truly needed it. Yeosang could feel that the blond was uncomfortable now, so he took the coffee with a soft thank you before sitting down at a table by the window.

Yeosang sipped his coffee and gazed out the window, watching people pass by. Some people were out walking their dogs, while others were out strolling with their families, causing Yeosang to grimace somewhat. Yeosang was never connected to his family, therefore he has no fond recollections of him walking down the street with his parents. He didn't want to appear insane by suddenly becoming agitated, so he gazed at his coffee. He felt the coffee cup, and it was warm enough for him to drink. "What made me so different that the last time I walked with my parents, I was abandoned, but those children can walk peacefully?" Yeosang shed a few tears because his thoughts was making him unhappy.

Yeosang was asked suddenly in a soft voice, "Hey? Is there anything that I can do to help?" Yeosang was struggling to hold back more tears. Yeosang realized the voice he was hearing was San, when he took a seat across from him. As quickly as he could, Yeosang wiped his tears away so he would not appear vulnerable in front of San. Upon seeing Yeosang's puffy face, the blond frowned causing him to lowered the intensity of his dark eyes. San had sat there and looked over him carefully just examining him quietly for a minute or so till Yeosang couldn't handle being looked at in pity any longer by some stranger let a long a beautiful one. Yeosang had left quickly without a word and his coffee.

(Short chapter again🫠)