Chapter 15 Teaser

"Putting someone in danger is not my thing, Freen, but ruining someone's career is my hobby. So good luck with protecting your girl. I told you I wouldn't easily give up on you," she said, then she walked out, leaving me alone in the coffee shop.

"Freen, double your fence now and make sure that your guard is tight enough because the time will come that I will claim what is mine," she said.

I raised my eyebrows as I looked at her.

"Whatever is inside your mind right now, I will tell you to stop it because you will lose. Nobody wins against me, and you are not an exemption, Doc. She's mine now, and that won't change," I said.

Rebecca squeezed my hand gently.

"Xyza, I don't want to create a scene here; please go," said Rebecca, but I can sense in her voice that she was hurt when she said those words.

Now I'm starting to wonder if Rebecca knew the truth. I can't be wrong with what I saw in her eyes now; the way she looks at Xyza is different, and she can't look at me directly either. I was just observing her hiding the pain I felt inside.

"Well, I don't want to cause any trouble too, here! I brought your favourite tea," Xyza said, handing her the tea.

Rebecca just looked at the tea, not knowing what she would do. So I took the tea from Xyza's hand and gave it to Rebecca. Her eyes widened when she realised what I had done. She hugs me and says,

"I'm sorry, " 

That was the word she said. And in my mind, I know exactly what she meant by that word. I hug her like I don't want to lose her. For now, I will make the most of this moment before everything changes.

 For now, I will make the most of this moment before everything changes