Chapter 3

I was awakened by the sudden ringing of my phone. I slowly opened my eyes and searched for my bag. I looked at the caller ID and was surprised to see Dad was calling me. I slid my finger to answer and put it on speaker mode.

"Come see me at the house now," he said without even asking how I was doing.

I ended the call and lazily went to the bathroom. After fixing myself, I went to where my car was parked and drove to my parent's house. I was wondering why my father suddenly called me, and I could sense in his voice that he was holding back his anger earlier. "What did I do wrong this time?" I asked myself as I entered the luxurious village.

The Village Guard recognized my car
right away, so he opened the gate and gave me his brightest smile.

"Have a nice day, Doc!" the guard said.

"Hello! Have a nice day too!" I replied enthusiastically.

Then I continued to drive down the block where my parent's house was located. When I was near the house, I saw Zia's car already parked. In my mind, this meeting is kind of serious because Zia was here too.

I parked next to Zia's red sports car, turned off the engine, and got out of the car. I walked straight to the house while my mind was thinking of any possible things that I had done for the last few days.

"Doc, your father waited for you at his office, the maid said as she took my bag from my hand.

"Thank you," I said, smiling, and continued to walk to my father's office.

I knocked three times before I opened the door and was surprised to see Zia, Mom, and Dad sitting silently inside. Their faces already show that this is not the family meeting that I was expecting.

My father looked at me without saying anything. Mom stood up and kissed me on the cheek, while Zia just rolled her eyes at me. I sat next to Zia and looked at Dad with wonder.

He sighs deeply before he begins to speak.

"Xyza, of all the people who could pick a fight with Freen, I can't believe that it happens to be you. Why are you girls' love intervening in that woman's life?" Dad said, but this time his voice was calm but his eyes were burning in anger.

I smirked as I looked at him.

"So, you called me to come here just to talk about Freen? I'm tired because I had major surgery last night and I woke up because of your call. I thought this was an important meeting but I was wrong, so I better be back to my place than to hear this nonsense, I said as I began to stand up.

"You're not going anywhere, young lady! We will talk about this problem you caused now!" said my father, but at this moment his voice echoed inside the room.

I froze and sat back immediately. I never saw my father get angry like this. I looked at Zia, and just like me, she was in shock too.

"What is this all about that you need to raise your voice to them?" Asked my mother.

" What can you see in Freen that you like to drag her down? If Freen was a celebrity you two were the toxic fans who will do everything to ruin her career. Freen was a sweet lady, a good daughter to her parents, and a good friend to her best friend because despite what her best friend did to her Freen managed to forgive her. I can see all of the goodness in her but you two are blinded by your insecurities toward that woman. And let me tell you I won't tolerate your misbehaviour, especially you Xyza. You're known to be a decent woman and many admired you because of your kindness, but what happened now? Why did you put yourself in a situation like this? " my father said as I can see how dismayed his face was right now.

I remained silent and looked at Zia.

"When Freen and Zia's problem happened it was understandable before, your problem has puzzled me now, Xyza. Why are you chasing that young celebrity knowing that she's taken by someone else? What's so special about that girl that made you crazy like this?" he asks me.

"She looks like Tricia," was my reply.

"Tricia is gone. And she's never coming back, so help yourself to get out of your past," he said.

"I could've saved her that time if you didn't put your friend's life first, Dad. I could've saved my girl," I said, but this time I can't hold back my tears.

"It's your job to save a life. You took an oath for it, and her family paid you. Tricia came late that time, Xyza, so stop thinking about it. Let the soul of your girl rest in peace. Do you think she's happy seeing you like this? I doubt it, Xyza," he said, looking directly into my eyes.

"That young celebrity is not Tricia; always put that in your mind. Don't ruin your reputation because you were obsessed with your dead girlfriend. Remember they are not the same person. Rebecca has a girlfriend while Tricia is long gone," he added.

Zia came to hug me.

"I'm sorry if I drag you into this mess. I shouldn't ask for your help to save Freen if only I knew that this would be the outcome of my actions, "Zia said sadly.

"So, you drag your sister into this mess? Are you not satisfied with giving us too much trouble, and now you implicate your sister to your madness?" said my father as he angrily looked at Zia.

Zia lowered her head.

"I just want to save Freen; I didn't realize that Becca looks like Tricia. Trust me, Dad, it's not my intention to put Xyza in this situation," Zia said as she kept her head low.

"Do you think I believe you that easily? Zia if your life was ruined, it's because you ruined it. Xyza is different from you, and I don't want her to end up like you. So if I found out that you planned all of this, you better be ready because I won't be easy with you this time." Dad warns Zia.

I can see Zia was scared, but I can also see her smirking too. Now I was wondering if she planned all of this. But she's my sister? Is Zia capable of doing such things? Now I started to doubt her because of her smirked, I could see danger the way she does it.

I looked at my dad, and he looks so frustrated right now. I know my father very well, and he is not the type of person who easily picks sides. Now he sides with Freen even though I am his daughter, so it means that there's something that he knows, maybe that's the reason why he reacted like this.

DO NOT COPY AND PASTE.
PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME.