Year 4: Y/N Part 2

song: Bejeweled-Taylor Swift

Dateless, dressless, and clueless, the Yule Ball is coming up...

So far, I have had one ask by Justin Finch Fletchley... which was an obvious no. He has always been in some way pretentious and skeptical of us Potters.

I took my seat next to Mattheo in potions. We have actually been more civil towards each other, joking and just being relatively normal. Ever since he asked me back to the Room of Requirement, he has been trying to not be as intolerable as before, "You look dreadful..." remarks Mattheo.  

"Really, I was going more for, "just got hit in the face by a mountain troll. " Look," I say, resting my head on my desk. I am once again reminded that the fleeting feelings for Fred are not returned. He asked Angelina to the ball.

I remember writing to Sirius about it. I asked him if he ever understood liking someone but not sure they liked you back. My godfather and I were exceptionally close. I wrote to him every second day and wanted to know everything I could about him and his school life.

Understanding Sirius was important to me, as it felt like I could be closer to mum and dad too. He also was affectionate in a way that Harry and I never saw at the Durselys.

I think he gives the both of us confidence and belief. He always knows what to say and even though it is difficult to openly communicate, he tries his best.

He is the father I never had.

"My dearest Y/N

Once again, I am so glad you decided to talk to me about what's happening in your life.

And although I would like to remain naive in thinking you don't look at boys.... it seems you share your father's affinity for gingers.... especially ones you can't have.

In all Siriusness, I can sympathize. I had loved once too...

I was so afraid they wouldnt like me back. I would sit in the common room often just admiting them from afar. But when I finally got the chance to be with them...it was the happiest i had ever been. It was something that kept me fighting in Azkaban. I shall never forgive myself for not fighting harder for them.

But please, if you don't find someone to go with, go alone.
You don't need someone to help you shine.

Love you,
Sirius"

He stands back and observes me, "No, no, you're right, that is a much better description. Spot on," He claps his hand ever so softly. He grins and I return the smile.

"So, does the Slytherin Prince have a princess to take yet?" I sigh, turning my head to him. I had hoped Fred would ask, but he is going with Angelina.

Mattheo looks at me for a second, observing. "Hey you also taught me mind defense, so don't try any weird things, okay?" I tease.

"Doesn't the Gryffindor Golden Girl have a date?" He asks, shifting in his seat and casually flipping through the pages of a textbook.

"No, I'm going alone." I smile at the reassurance I felt thinking back on what Sirius said.

"Oh, yeah, me too..." he adjusts himself to sit upright, " these things are stupid anyway, but I don't want to miss the chance of seeing Weasley in that hideous dress." He laughs to himself

"It's not a dress and you know it!" I say gently hitting him on his shoulder. It was exceptionally ugly but poor Ronald can't help it.

"It had a bonnet!" He laughs and I can't help but laugh at the fact that him and my brother might get along in another lifetime.

But, Harry will always see him as Voldemort's son... and I... I see him as Mattheo, and partly Voldemort's son.

I am still working through my own biases I feel towards him. We got along perfectly until the second year.

The third year, he ignored me. He doesn't have a good track record.
Yet I keep thinking he's capable of good.

Maybe he is.

After our classes Hermoine and I head down to Hogsmeade. We spend our time looking for dresses and deciding on the best options.

Hermione finally found this gorgeous periwinkle dress.

She is smiling from ear to ear and seems completely satisfied with her choice.

"The Belle of the ball," I smile, "No one is going to be able to keep their eyes off you!" I say as she makes the final payment for her dress.

"What about you? " she gestures towards the bag, holding the dress I chose. I blush and think of the outfit.

I chose something in full black, made of silk. It sits as if it was altered to my exact measurements. It's more bold than I usually go for, but I found it gorgeous and that was reason enough to try it.

The back of the dress is open, ending just before my lower back ends.

She links our arms before walking out of the shop.

"Is that everything Y/N?" She asks before we make our way down the snowy path.

I glance around. And that's when it caught my eye..."One more stop,"

Hermoine laughs, "Oh, finally!" She laughs