Year 2: Y/N's POV

song: Shouldve Said No- Taylor Swift

SEPTEMBER:

A house elf, a stolen car, and a train ride later, we are back at Hogwarts.

FINALLY HOME!

The first few weeks were exceptionally uneventful. Except for the fact that I was able to impress Professor GILDEROY LOCKHART with the "Immobolus" charm to save the class from cornish pixies. Hermoine and I are ecstatic that he is our professor.

He's handsome and talented! The boys don't seem too excited about our new professor. Harry even gets to have detention with him. Ron keeps telling Hermoine and me to find a new topic to discuss. This only proves that Harry is going to owe me those 5 Galleons by 6th year.

Harry starts quidditch practice soon. I am too nervous to ask to play. If I mess up then, well it's embarrassing. I would love to be a Keeper. Anywho, it is not as if I have much time for it. I work mostly and if I am not doing that (or keeping Harry out of trouble) then I am in the Room of Requirement, practicing dueling.

Whilst in the common room I overhear Harry talking about an early practice tomorrow with Oliver Wood.

"Harry, can I sit and watch you guys play tomorrow?" not too far away is Ron's sister, Ginny. She is sitting by a table clutching some notebook. Possibly obsessing over Harry, she even came to his defense in Diagon Alley. Brave girl.

"Sure Y/N. See you in the stands!"

I am excited to broaden my horizons a bit. I invite Hermoine too, and she invites Ron.

I decide to take a walk down to the Library to finish up some potions work for Snape. He always gives us the longest assignments. Next to McGonagall that is.

The sun has set and it is the best time to be in the library. There is a certain unmatched ambiance and warmth to the room at night. You can hear the turning of pages and a few shared whispers. Sometimes it gets a little too quiet for my liking, but today it's perfect.

As I sit writing and get ink stains on my fingers, I hear faint footsteps and the heavy thud of books across the table from me. I look up and see Mattheo, deep in concentration.

"Pssssssssssst..." I whisper to him. He lifts his eyes slowly from his book, and I give him a slight smile. He has been doing very well in classes lately and I want to get to my competition, and hopefully make a friend in the process. We didn't get much time to spend together last year.

"What you busy with?" I asked inquisitively

He simply turned the book over to the cover whilst holding his place with his finger, "Secrets of the Dark Arts".

I looked around, "But that book is from the restricted section!" The words escaped my lips a little too loudly and I got a loud SHUSH from Professor Pince.

He smiled at me, "So you have been in the restricted section?" He cocks his brow up.

My face starts to heat up, "Um no, I just meant that....the... the book isn't from anywhere on this side of the library so-"

He raised his hand, "No need to lie. So how did you get in? I use the disillusionment charm."

"That's pretty advanced. And here I thought I was good. Let's just say I have my ways..." I smirk at him. I was not going to tell him everything only after 2 official conversations.

He looks deep in thought, "Let's practice Defense Against The Dark Arts together." It sounds more like an instruction than a suggestion.

I tilt my head, "Ironic," I point at the book, "Don't you think?" I push my parchment and ink away to the side.