chapter fifty five

Start from the beginning

the lyrics play softly in my ears and i dont think my smile could be any bigger if i wanted it to be, ''happy birthday trouble'' he says as i walk up to him and hug him tightly, ''thank you'' i lean up and kiss his cheek making him smile down at me, ''these are for you'' he hands me the flowers before taking my hand as we walk into the house.

''ah, deigo how nice to see you'' Aliyah hugs him quickly before going back to something that's happening in the kitchen, i feel deigos hands wrap around my waist holding me tightly to him as he rests his chin on my head. ''you look beautiful by the way'' he whispers before placing a kiss in my hair, ''thank you. you dont look to bad yourself'' i say and he chuckles lightly ''i try my best for my girl'' he replays and his words ring in my head, my girl, his girl.

suddenly candle light fills the room and happy birthday starts being sung by everyone, ''happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear maddy, happy birthday to you'' i smile lightly as my family sings to me.

''make a wish princess'' my dad says and i lean down before closing my eyes and making my wish before i blow out the candles, suddenly confetti guns burst and confetti goes everywhere making me laugh. god i feel like a chid again.

''so whats the plan now?'' i turn around and question deigo since Aliyah has gone into the kitchen to cut up the cake, ''well i was thinking you could get your piece of cake and then we could leave to go to mine and by then mom said dinner would be ready, and then after that just see where the night takes us'' he smiles down at me ''sound good?'' he questions.

''that sounds great'' i tell him before Aliyah comes out and hands us our slices of cake in containers, ''i even put some in there for your mom deigo'' Aliyah smiles sweetly before i hug her, ''thank you for everything today'' she laughs lightly before placing a kiss on my cheek.

deigo takes my hand once ive stepped away from Aliyah before leading us to the door. we start walking to the car before my dad shouts, ''you kids be safe now, you better look after her sinclair'' my dad gives him a warning sign making me laugh before we get into the car and start driving away.

---

''im nervous'' i admit as my feet suddenly halt before stepping onto his front door step, he turns to look at me with a questionable look before walking back over to me and cupping my face in his hands, ''nervous about what love? its just a silly little dinner my mom planned for a special day'' he smiles making me lean into his touch slightly, ''i know but its your mom deigo, i want her to like me'' i look into his eyes before looking at his house.

''baby my mom will love you, and if she dosent then okay, but that wont effect us at all'' he tells me before kissing my head and taking my hand before we walk up to the steps, deigo opens the front door before we both step inside, light music plays from the kitchen and a small smile sits on my face at how welcoming his home is.

''mom...we are home!'' deigos yells into the house before taking my jacket and hanging it up on the door hanger. he takes my hand before we walk into his living room to see his mom sat there waiting patiently, when she hears us she suddenly gets up and i take a moment to admire the beauty of the women stood infront of me.

her long dark hair is straight as shes wearing a dress that sits nicely on her body. a bright smile sits on her lips as she looks at me, ''oh it is wonderful to meet you'' she comes over before embracing me in a hug making my arms wrap around her. ''and you, you look amazing'' i tell her before she laughs and waves me off playfully, ''oh its noting compared to you, you look gorgeous. my boy got lucky with this one i see'' she takes my hand and spins my around making me laugh lightly.

''that smells good mom'' deigo suddenly says making me and his mom laugh, ''okay come eat people, we dont waste food in this house'' she announces before walking towards the dinner table where a lovely meal is set out. deigo pulls my chair out for me before pushing it back in when ive sat down.