the morning after.

The morning after. 

Inspired by "Toothbrush" by DNCE

Enjoy ~❤

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Nightmare Steve woke up around 6.22.

Slight shifting under the covers was the first sign of the slow drag to consciousness. His brow wrinkled as low grumbles rose from his throat. Ruby eyes stayed closed until the last possible moment, the steve not wanting to wake from the comfortability of his warm slumber.

But when those eyes finally blinked open, lids still heavy with tiredness, they were met with fluffy, rainbow hair.

Though the man was still groggy, memories from the night before glided into the forefront of his mind; memories of passionate lips meeting each other, skin upon skin as the temperature rose, sounds of pure bliss and pleasure filling the air.

It made the steve smile softly, a light blush dusting itself across his dark olive cheeks.

Nightmare somehow held the other closer - the two were already wound very tightly, legs tangled together, arms wrapped around each other, the smaller's face pressed neatly into the golden's muscular chest.

The taller closed his eyes once more, breathing deeply into the colorful strands; the rainbow man's scent was that of a meadow, dewy with fresh rain and dotted with flowers. It was a smell that Nightmare could never get enough of.

It was a little longer of resting before the older begrudgingly accepted that he was awake for the day. He took to watching the snoring steve wrapped in his arms, just thinking.

'What could I do for this man that turned my life upside down?' He thought of a couple possibilities, crossing out what it was way too early for, and putting aside what he'd do later. Then he had an idea.

Nightmare Steve smiled once again, eyes doing the same as they gazed at the other. 'I'm going to make this boy breakfast in bed.'

And so began the tedious process of extracting himself from the younger's hold. It was difficult, that's for sure; the man was stronger than he looked, and even in sleep it seemed he refused to let go. Endearing, extremely so, but Nightmare had a mission.

Thus, with the utmost stealth, he managed to untangle their legs, sit up, and slowly float backwards until he was off of the bed, covers silently dropping down to fill the empty space.

Once his feet touched the floor, Nightmare Steve started tiptoeing his way to the crimson wood door. He only opened it just enough to be able to slip through, worried the light would wake the sleeping beauty. Speaking of which, before leaving the room, the golden man took one more, long look at the other.

Rainbow truly was a sight to behold, tangled in the red sheets, chest moving up and down as he breathed. Nightmare knew he was still mostly naked. He also knew that he himself was wearing only a pair of gray sweatpants, his shirt and boxers having been lost the night before in the frenzy of stripping each other of all barriers between them.

Nightmare smiled as he gazed, and he would be lying if he claimed that the thought of diving back under the covers and holding the steve tight against his chest once more did not waltz its way into his mind. But the "villain" gently shook his head; he wanted his lover to awaken to the smell of his favorite breakfast food. A gift made with love for the love of his life.

Finally, he closed the door silently, and walked quietly down the hallways to the kitchen. Knowing exactly what to make for the other.

~~~